"Rajakumari, I know what I am asking is inappropriate but still. Why haven't you married yet?" This question bothered him since the day of his arrival in Dwarka but he never intended to ask it, considering he will leave sooner, he wanted to know badly. She was a beautiful woman and princess of one of the powerful kingdoms and she was already attained marriage age. Then why she hadn't married yet?

The question made Subhadra stiff, she let out a sigh, "My marriage will happen sooner, considering my brother already picked a groom."

"Who?" curiosity was at its peak for Arjuna.

"Duryodhana, the crown prince of Hasthinapur," Subhadra said without looking at his face.

Arjuna's fist clenched at her words, if she had looked at him, she might have caught rage in his eyes. A tear slipped down her cheek. Arjuna's rage turned to sympathy. He couldn't watch the tears in her eyes.

"Did you give your acceptance for this marriage?"

"No. But my brother Balaram is adamant. Everyone was waiting for me to get married but here I am not choosing a suitor and ending up with the last person I ever wanted." 

"Do you have anyone in your heart?" he asked but prayed to listen to the word 'no'.

Something in him made Subhadra open up, "Had"

"Had?" his brows frowned. 

"Yes, I loved him for years. But now everything went down. He doesn't know about my love. He never was at fault."

"If you don't mind, may I know him?"

"What's the point?"

"Just a curiosity."

Subhadra's shoulder shrugged, she took a deep breath and said, "Pandava prince Arjuna"

The surprise was evident in his eyes, he couldn't take his eyes off her. His heart was beating so fast. Subhadra was in love with him, and he has no idea about it. He regained composure soon.

"Rajakumari, how can you live with another man while having someone in your heart?"

"He's not in my heart anymore. As you know he is already married. My marriage will happen soon." Subhadra said confidently while looking into his eyes.

"Then why aren't you happy about it?"

Subhadra closed her eyes and a soft smile on her lips. "It's not easy to forget someone who we loved so dearly."

With that, Subhadra left the hut.

A few days later Arjuna was preparing to leave Dwarka. "Ah, Arjuna seems like you are ready to go home" Krishna beamed at Arjuna.

"I...I don't know Madhava. I have a feeling that I am not ready to go home yet." Arjuna replied with a sigh.

"Mmm...Maybe you are leaving something behind." Krishna winked at him.

Subhadra entered the hut, "Holy one I have packed some essentials for your travel." she handed the kit to Arjuna.

"Here you are Subhadra, I was looking for you everywhere," Krishna said.

"why's that?"

"The royal family of the Kuru clan is on their way. They will reach here by noon." 

Subhadra stilled at his words. She gulped down her thoughts and fear and smiled at him, "Looking forward to their arrival, brother."

Subhadra was about to leave that hut when Krishna's words crashed down on her, "I think Partha won't."

'Partha'

There is only one person Krishna would call 'Partha', Arjuna.

She turned and looked at Arjuna, no wonder she always found those eyes familiar. Then the realization dawned on her. 

Arjuna was in his exile, he was traveling through the entire Bharathvarsha.

The hermit standing before her is Arjuna, the one who she attends for four months was Arjuna. the one to who she confessed that she loved Arjuna was Arjuna.