My eyes were glued to the monitor, watching my sweet baby girl sleep. Her cheeks were blushed pink from the fever, she held on tight to her blanket with her hands against her mouth. Sighing,turn back to my work, trying to figure out the next shipment of alcohol.

On top of that, my mind stresses thinking about the Stanleys who are trying to get Dalia with them. They call me dangerous, they're ten times worse. For the time they couldn't handle their fucking spoilt daughter, they'll ruin my own.

"Mr Miller, there is someone here to see you." My office door creaks open, seeing Collen stand in a prestigious manner, not overstepping my boundaries which she knows off.

"Who is it and why have they come at this time?" I question, raising my brows to see the person behind her.

"I'll let you see for yourself. I'll be in the kitchen, cleaning."

When Colleen steps away, my eyes are mesmerised by the beauty in front of me. Leaning back on my chair, I watch her, walk in with a Chanel bag which was carefully held in her hands, she sways her body in such a perfect motion in her white coordinated suit, and the sound of her familiar heels makes its way towards me with her lips turning into the fakest smile.

"Home visits. I hope you didn't forget Mr Miller." She clicks her tongue, taking a seat in front of me. It was like I was mute for a second, I couldn't find the right words to say back. Fuck, I was just taken aback by her beauty.

"Hm, definitely didn't forget. And aren't you supposed to call for a home visit? You just turned up unexpectedly. You could've walked in on me-"

"Having sex? Elijah, you don't have sex when your daughter lives in the same house. And from what you did the other night at the restaurant, you haven't had sex in a while. Am I right?" Smirking at me, she wiggles her brows because she knew she was right again for god knows how many fucking times.

She has an answer for everything.

Standing up from my seat, I make it over to her. Spinning her chair, she lets out the smallest gasp and I wrap my hand around her throat. "Darling, you don't want to cross the line. Watch your mouth." Whispering close to her lips, she chuckles, shaking her head.

"So I am right," She breathes, pushing my hand away from her throat, "You watch where your hands go. You're messing with the wrong woman."

"Yeah, maybe you're right. But don't worry, I'll let you know the next person I fuck." Scoffing, I walk back to my chair, watching Scarlett fix her hair. "Now tell me what this home visit is otherwise you know where the door is to leave."

"Where's Dalia?" Instead of answering my question, she asks about Dalia. Rolling my eyes, I show her the monitor where Dalia was sleeping.

"I don't know why you're showing me an empty bedroom." She whispers, turning the monitor back my way. My body tenses while my heart beats, standing up immediately in worry for my daughter. "Where is she, Elijah?" Scarlett's voice rings in the back but I wasn't focused on her voice.

As I rush to leave the office, my little girl waddles crying whilst holding her blanket. Dropping my knees to the ground, I pull Dalia into my arms straight away, making sure Scarlett was looking at the both of us.

"Baby, hey why are we crying again? What did I tell you?" Kissing the top of her head, her tears roll down her fevered cheeks and onto my shirt.

"Dada m-m- my tumy hwrts." She moans into my chest, watching her place her hand over her stomach.

"Oh, my poor baby. Come on, let me pick you up and we can go sit on the chair. There's someone here to see you too." I whisper to her and as I stand up, my eyes make contact with Scarlett who looked surprised at my actions.