I watch him wondering if I should speak as he is very deep into that book and I don't want to disturb him. "Like what you see?" Jackson playfully comments and I get shy. I smile and tell him no. He scoffs in disbelief. "Ouch, bitch". We both laugh and after the laughter has died down, he asks what's up. I turn my chair to face him and asks why he lied about the death of Claire.

He looks off into the distance, thinking of he's answer. I get distracted as he pulls his lip in to bite it while he thinks. He releases it and looks back at me. "I did it to protect him. Yes, I've told you this before, but it is true."

I look at him confused and ask, "why couldn't you have sent them away? To a safe location?" I ask genuinely curious. "Look, at that moment, when I confirmed she was pregnant, I didn't know what else to do. At the time, all I knew how to keep people safe, was to make others believe they were dead."

"Kyle wasn't going to give up this life anytime soon, this made him rich, made him strong. He wasn't ready to give that up. Obviously it didn't turn out as planned because now he's with the enemy and now... I have to protect myself not only from Xavior, but from my own brother as well." There is a hint of sadness, but he recovers and smiles.

I feel sorry for Jackson and see that he has good intentions, it's his execution that needs a bit of work. I feel the warmth of the fire dimming down and I look back to see that the fire is almost out. Jackson gets up and reaches out to me and I take it. He helps me up and ushers me out of the living room.

Jackson offers to take me to my room, but I decline. Before he can bid me goodnight, his whole body tenses up and he looks around. I look around confused, but before I can ask what he's looking at, he tackles me to the ground and covers my head.

Gun shots are being fired around the house. Through the window, breaking and damaging everything the bullets gets its hands on. I shake in fear as I hear the bullets firing everywhere. It's hard to see anything with Jackson covering me.

The bullets stop for a split second, giving Jackson time to grab my hand and pull me up to run. We run downstairs while passing some of Jackson's men carrying weapons.

We're back in that room where I was previously in and I try to calm down. Jackson hugs me tightly telling me to calm down. His manly scent engulfs me and I try to focus on his heartbeat instead of the bullets upstairs. He rubs my back and I pull away after calming down.

"Who's attacking you?" I ask. Jackson goes to the side of the room and opens a closet that reveals weapons. I ask again, but he ignores me. I shout and he turns to me. "It's Xavior, he's here for you." I look surprised and urge him to let me go.

"If it's Xavior, I can talk to him and he can stop this madness before anyone gets hurt." I say. Jackson walks up to me and looks at me like I've gone mad. "Are you insane? Going out there while Xavior and his men are shooting like animals? You could get killed!" He shouts. I quiet down and listen to the bullets firing aimlessly around.

Jackson straps himself with weapons all over his body and hands me a gun." If anyone tries to hurt you, even if it's one of my men, you shoot. You hear me? " Jackson says. All the humor from earlier is gone. I nod my head, not able to formulate a sentence. "You stay here. I'll be back for you." He leaves before I could say anything else.

Some time passes by to which Xavior and his men has already entered the house. All I hear is chaos and all I can think about is Claire, her daughter, Xavior and Jackson. I hate to admit it, but I hope Jackson makes it out alive. More time passes and I hear someone at the door. I grab my gun and aim it.

Jackson walks in with an injured man and raises his hand in defense. "Dont shoot, it's me." Jackson comes down and places one of his men on the sofa.

"What's going on out there?" I ask Jackson. "We were ambushed and not prepared. They have taken most of my men down and they're looking for you, we need to get out of here." Jackson tells me. I shake my head no

Jackson looks confused. "Victoria, I know I haven't been the easiest to trust, but I cannot let you go to him knowing damn well you know so much about me. You could easily tell him everything you've learnt and use it against me."

I think about it for a moment and answer. "I won't let Xavior find you. You can escape and leave me here. I'll make up some story and I'll never mention anything about you." I look at home with desperation in my voice.

Jackson stands up from where he was kneeling down. He cups my face and looks me deep in my eyes." Will I ever see you again?" he asks sincerely. I am completely taken aback and I don't know what to say.

We hear Xavior searching the rooms and his men getting closer to where we are. Jackson doesn't wait for me to respond. Instead he kisses my forehead, grabs the injured man and heads down to the same closet with all the weapons. I watch him punch in a code and the closet door closes.

I walk over to the closet and open the doors only to be greeted with an empty rack where his weapons used to be. I close the door and make my way upstairs.

I slowly open the door and look around, the sight is horrible. Dead bodies everywhere, walls covered in bullet holes, blood everywhere. I get nauseous at the sight. I walk to my bed room to get my pendent. I open the door to be greeted with a gun to my face. I let out a small scream and the gun lowers immediately.

The dark figure comes to light and I see that it's Xavior, covered in sweat and blood. He grabs me into his arms and gives me a bone crushing hug.

I feel so emotional, realizing how much I actually missed him. I feel the tears roll down my face but I don't care. I begin kissing Xavior so passionately. We break apart and I cuddle into he's suit. "I missed you so much, Xavior." I say. He hugs me tighter. "I missed you too, my baby. Come let's go, your father is waiting for you." I look at home surprised.

"My dad is here?" I ask. Xavior nods and leads me outside. My dad rushes to me and hugs me tightly. I hug him back, enjoying his hug. I pull back and is greeted by Kyle next, he hugs me and I am reminded of Claire. I wonder if she made it out alive. Oh no...her daughter...

I look around as everyone is getting ready to leave. I see no sign of Jackson, in fact, I see no sign of life at all. My attention is diverted when I feel Xavior's arm snake around my waist, pulling me towards the car.

It's just us in the car and he drives off not saying a word. After a couple of minutes I reach towards my neck, realizing I never got my pendent.

Xavior notices and places he's hand on my thigh. "Don't worry, I found your pendent, I have it with me." I sigh in relief and allow him to rub soothing circles on my leg.

The last thought I have before I drift off to sleep, is if Jackson is alright.