CHAPTER 37

Another month has flown by in the blink of an eye. Both Justin and Fiona were taken aback by the rapidity with which the days passed. The desire for intimacy was growing. They both wanted to progress from a friendly date to a more serious relationship, but something was always getting in the way.

Justin wanted nothing more than to tell his wife how he felt about her. He wanted to take their nice date to the next level by making them exclusive. Even though they are married to the rest of the world, which essentially means exclusive, it was not the same for them.

There was no doubting that there was something more between them than their friendship, but Fiona's decision was holding him back. He could live with the sluggish progress they were making, but he couldn't handle the prospect of never seeing her again.

Justin was growing increasingly concerned that Fiona might leave him forever. But at the same time, Justin wanted to seize every moment he had with her, even if it was only for a limited time.

Along with Justin, Fiona was also walking in a similar line. Some doubts were pulling the strings off her from committing to Justin. She was at a loss for what to do as the conclusion of the two months approached. Even though her heart had already answered long back, but her mind was far too stubborn for her own good.

The struggle of them not being together could be felt every day.

Just like the other day when Justin walked into Fiona and Adrian's cabin to discover her engrossed in her computer screen. She seemed to have been trying to figure out something.

"Too much frowning increases the likelihood of a permanent wrinkle." Justin made a remark, drawing her out of the computer screen.

"I say the same thing to her. But she never pays attention." Adrian stood by him.

"Well, without this frown, I won't be able to crack this goddamn thing." Fiona groaned.

Justin smiled and walked towards Fiona, standing behind her. He saw that her shoulder was tensed. So he put both of his hands on her shoulders to ease her. "You need to relax and unwind. First, take a break, and then begin."

"I am trying," Fiona said in a composed voice as she was experiencing an unusual sensation that was flowing from her shoulder directly to the left side of her body, where her heart is.

"You aren't trying hard enough. Maybe Justin could help with that. So, I am going to give you two space while I take my much-needed daily intake of caffeine." Adrian left the cabin to take a much-needed break.

"Adrian is right. You need to really relax." Justin was gently massaging her shoulder.

"Thanks," Fiona said.

She was feeling much better. Her shoulder was starting to ache, but Justin's hands were working like magic.

"Don't mention it."

"So, what brings you here?" Fiona asked him curiously. Justin has been paying more visits to her personal workspace than ever before. Sometimes, it felt like it was an excuse to see her, but she didn't want to get her hopes up.

"Can't I come and see my wife?" Justin asked her while his thumb was pressing the right points of her neck.

"I..." Fiona was stumped as to how to respond to him.

In moments like this, she gets butterflies in her tummy. Justin was becoming more and more open to her with each passing day.

"Fiona..." Justin tenderly took her name. As a result, she slowly rose to her feet while Justin shifted his position so that they were facing each other.

"Yeah?" She said in a soft voice.

"Do I really need a reason to come see you?" He asked her.

She couldn't figure out the way Justin was looking at her. It was so gentle. But all she did was shake her head sideways in response to his statement.

"Good." He said while clasping both his hands with hers, which were on either side of her torso. This movement brought both of them into close proximity. Both their hearts were racing.

A few moments passed in silence as both Justin and Fiona soaked in every emotion radiating from each other. But their moment was broken when Adrian returned from his break.

When he noticed the position his colleague-cum-friend and boss were in, he exclaimed aloud, "Don't tell me I came at the wrong time. I can come back later."

"No. Justin was just, umm..." Fiona tried to cover it up, but Justin beat her to it.

"Nah! I was just about to leave." He said.

"Okay. If you say so." Adrian said this while giving them a meaningful look.

Justin kissed one of Fiona's hands, causing her to blush. "I will see you around."

Adrian muttered to Fiona as Justin began to move. "I thought you guys were not much for showing affection in front of people."

"Ditto. But I suppose Justin is a lot more expressive than I imagined him to be."

This drew a quizzical look from Adrian.

Fiona, on the other hand, was in a pickle of her own. Furthermore, Justin heard him and smiled on the inside. Once he was in his cabin, he sent his wife a message.

When Fiona saw Justin's name in the pop-up box of a text message on her phone, she clicked to read it.

I am hell more expressive, Fi. I hope you are starting to get used to it.

Her cheeks flushed at this.

It was a daring move on Justin's part to express these thoughts because their future was time-bound by Fiona's decision. However, Justin wanted to show Fiona what he truly had. He may be a workaholic for others, but as a person, he is a lot more.

Whereas Fiona was concerned, keeping her doubts aside, she was liking this side of Justin a lot more. She had never expected to see this side of him. There are colors to him which he has hidden from the rest of the world, and that does make her feel special.

His subtle, expressive side was not the only thing that made her gravitate towards him. In fact, this is secondary. Small acts of kindness, his sweet, subtle personality, and tender gestures are a few of the many things that make him attractive to Fiona. Justin wasn't far behind, saying the same thing about his wife. She was a little more reserved, but that is what made her special. It is amusing yet adorable to see her all flustered but at the same time flushed with a pink tinge on her cheeks whenever they are in close contact.

Especially during their abrupt encounters with one another. A few days ago, Fiona and Justin ran into each other in their office corridors, which had cabins on both sides.

It was their luck. They both liked to assume that they had been running into each other time and again. Meeting or seeing others in the office isn't a big deal, but that's for those who aren't Fiona and Justin. The primary reason being, both are looking for the smallest to the slightest chance of being close to each other.

Their bumpy encounters always end with Fiona being in direct physical contact with Justin. In the end, it simply makes her blush, and Justin wants her company. To kiss her, which is one of the few remaining steps.