CHAPTER 34

Justin and Fiona were strolling down Windshire Street, talking light-heartedly. It's only been two days since their conversation. Even though they had only been together for a short time, they were discovering new grounds for their complex relationship.

"Justin!"

When Justin and Fiona heard someone call his name, they turned around.

"Amanda! What a pleasant surprise." When he realized who it was, he immediately hugged her.

"I should tell you that. What exactly are you doing here? You have finally figured out how to find time for things other than work." She teased.

"I deserved that. Well, Grams got into an accident, so here I am making amends for her." He stated.

"Crap! What did that insane old lady do?" Amanda asked him.

She was well aware of his grandmother's craziness. She had met her, couple of time. His grandmother was one of a kind, that is certain.

"It was a bad driving case on a bike ride. Fortunately, there were no serious injuries. So she is good." He explained to her.

"Thank God." When Amanda saw Fiona standing beside him, she exclaimed. "Well, Justin seems to have forgotten his manner. Hey, I am Amanda. His..." Amanda threw a glance at Justin, which he understood well.

"My ex-girlfriend. Amanda, this is my wife, Fiona." He completed her sentence and introduced Amanda to Fiona.

"Hey." Fiona greeted her. But it would be wrong to say she wasn't surprised to run across Justin's ex-girlfriend.

Amanda was attractive and seemed way too amicable. In short, she couldn't find any reason to dislike her, let alone despise her.

"Wife? Dude, so you really have learned to take time away from work." Amanda expressed surprise before acknowledging Fiona. "Fiona, how the hell did you convince him to give you some time apart from work? I had tried every goddamn trick in the book, but nothing worked on him."

"I guess he now knows better than to hide behind his laptop." She replied it with a smile.

"Or maybe Fiona had the ultimate weapon to keep me on a leash."

Fiona received a knowing look from Justin. She was well aware of what he was implying—her so-called stunt of disappearing on him again and again.

"Well, you must tell me what that ultimate weapon is." Amanda laughed.

"Whatever the case may be, what are you doing here?" Justin inquired about Amanda.

"Well, my fiancé thought it would be great to have a short trip at his parents. So here we are." Amanda said.

"Congratulations. Who is the guy who will be tolerating you?" Justin teased.

"Ha-ha. His name is Ethan Heywood." Amanda said.

"Ethan Heywood?" Fiona repeated.

"Yup, or better yet, he likes to call himself the smartest tech..."

But Fiona finished her sentence with a chuckle. "Smartest tech guy this universe will ever see."

"You know him?" Justin was taken aback. Before Fiona could reply, the voice was called out loud.

"The world has to be too small for us to meet here on the street. Damn Fiona, good to see you." When Ethan first saw her, he hugged her tightly, and she embraced him back with equal zeal.

"It is great to see you too, Ethan."

When they pulled apart, Ethan became alert.

"Emily isn't here, is she?" He asked, looking around him.