CHAPTER 3

Fiona was almost ready when she heard a knock on her door. It was obvious who was on the other side. Life would have been so much better if instead of the High and Mighty Hitler Carter, Chris Evans, or John Krasinski showed up. Now, that would have been a dream come true.

Well, coming back to reality. It was precisely seven p.m.

'He is punctual,' she thought.

He is a businessman, so nothing less should be expected of him. If he weren't, he'd be nothing more than a jerk who thinks everyone is beneath him because he is not a king but rather the CEO of Carter Enterprise.

When she opened the door, she saw Justin standing there, but he had a surprised expression on his face. Well, now that is indeed an unusual sight to see. He usually has the appearance of someone who is standing at a gunpoint or, better yet, someone who has been blackmailed into dealing with her.

Wait a minute! He is actually blackmailed into dealing with her.

Hurray!!

Justin, however, was not oblivious to Fiona's beauty, but he never expected to be captivated by just looking at her.

Who the hell is he kidding?

He wanted to know her from the moment he laid eyes on her. But his rage and frustration towards their grandmothers, especially his own, consumed him to such an unfathomable degree that today he cannot even build up the courage to speak with her.

This is the primary reason he could not approach Fiona on the correct terms after they got married.

Regardless of how they got married, Fiona looked pretty. She wore a simple, light pink sleeveless knee-length dress for the evening. Her chocolate brown hair was pulled back into a high ponytail, and her front hair hid her left brow. She wore a watch in one hand and a silver bracelet in the other. Her dress was paired with a simple black belly. She had beautiful emerald green eyes that were innocently looking at him.

Damn it!

He was not supposed to be admiring her beauty, especially after how he had treated her. He couldn't stop himself, though. He was drawn to her by just her simplicity. She had only put a black eyeliner, baby pink lipstick, and perhaps a touch-up on her fair complexion. Her face looked fresh, unlike any other, he had seen before.

It made him want to stroke her cheeks and kiss her lips. He could, without a doubt, look at her all day.

Long story short, she looked beautiful.

"Just give me a moment. I will get my purse." Fiona told her husband, bringing him out of his thoughts, but he stopped her before she could even move to get her bag.

"Don't worry about it. You won't need it tonight," Justin told her softly, to which she gave a slight nod.

'The nerve of this guy!' Fiona mentally exclaimed. Her thoughts did not stop there. 'I am more than capable of paying for myself.'

Even so, she wasn't entirely satisfied with his new soft tone, and she was relieved that he didn't order her this time.

Whatever the case may be, she had to admit, much to her dismay, that Justin wasn't a bad-looking guy. He was quite handsome. He was dressed sharply in a black suit with a tie which suited him well for his six feet frame. His brown hair was nicely combed, but it also appeared to be casually messed up, as if he had run his hands through it, and his face had a bit of stubble that made him look eye-catching. His eyes were a rich blue color where one could easily get lost in.

Justin was in good shape. He wasn't skinny or chubby. A good-looking jerk to have a robust metabolism. Well, he has to for that kind of body.

After an awkward silence, they left towards the rooftop. There was an unsaid tension between both of them. Fiona was anxiously fiddling with her fingers as Justin continued to give her shy glances trying to think of ways to at least say one word to her which would not make him sound like a jerk.