Not once has he seen her laughing since they got married. He did see her smiling a lot, but that was when they were having dinner with Oliver.

"There you are! What took you so long? I am hungry." James immediately stood up from the chair and snatched the boxes from Justin's hand.

Fiona silently got up from her seat and tried to make a run out of it during their conversation. However, James caught her just in time.

Darn her luck!

"Where are you going? Why don't you join us for pizza?" He asked her in confusion.

Fiona gave a subtle glance at Justin and spoke, "No, you guys carry on. As it is, the taste of this ice cream is too good to be replaced by anything else."

She offered James a small smile and returned to her room to finish the last chips. She was still hungry, but she would rather starve than eat with Justin.

'This is not good. So this is what happens here. Justin and Fiona don't even stay in the same room.' James thought.

"What was all that about?" Justin asked his best friend curiously while eating a slice of pizza.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, and honestly, I should be asking you this. You both can't even stand to be in the same room with each other. This is terrible." James told him his thoughts.

"That's not the point. You know about our situation, and when the hell did you and Fiona become so buddy-buddy?" He asked, perplexed.

First, it was Oliver, and now it was James. Why the hell are all of his friends smitten with his wife?

"Why jealous? Don't worry; I am all yours. Fiona won't replace my best friend," James winked.

Justin had a flat look on his face.

"Wait a minute! You are jealous that Fiona speaks to me instead of you. Well, whose fault is that? I am a lucky guy, aren't I?" James teased him.

He likes this side of his friend more than anything, and it is also a good positive sign because it means that there is a silver hope left for both of them. Justin, on the other side, was well aware of the ruse James was attempting to pull. Despite that, he didn't like what he saw.

Justin and James were busy eating pizza when Fiona entered the kitchen, holding a bottle and a phone in the same hand, as her other hand was still sprained and wrapped in a bandage. Fiona apologized when she noticed both boys staring at her.

"Sorry, I need to refill this bottle."

She didn't want to, but she was thirsty, so she had to grace them with her presence. Once she was done, her phone started ringing, which was kept on the dining counter. Once James saw who was calling, he couldn't resist but asked Fiona to keep the speakers on, which drew a strange look from her.

"Please, Fiona. I love to annoy Emily. Pretty please." He told her, and she chuckled while keeping her phone on speaker. Emily is too much fun to mess with. She understood James' point.

"How is the most beautiful and kind-hearted angel doing today?"

James and Justin were surprised when they heard a male voice. But James was a little disappointed, as he undoubtedly wanted to listen to Emily. However, Justin was enviously intrigued by the person on the other end of the phone.

"Well, it depends on what the most gorgeous guy wants from me," Fiona replied, mentally rolling her eyes but still smiling.

"The most gorgeous guy is giving you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go on a date with the golden-haired boy with the most enchanting emerald green eyes and the most adorable smile, which anyone would go nuts for."