CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Consider It

Start from the beginning

Kid's smirk stretched further across his face, and the heat in mine stretched to my ears.
"Oh? So you know it'll reach that far? Just how often are you thinkin' about my cock?"

W a i t-

"N..No! No, I mean I'll cut it off first! Stop putting words in my mouth!" I barked in an aggressive fluster, knees pressing tightly together as he leant forward, obviously enjoying my suffering.
"I could put somethin' else in there if you'd like?"

Instead of scrambling away like my legs were trying to make me do, I jumped up and stomped towards the captain, grabbing him by the open collar of his shirt.
"You're way too sure of yourself, Kiddo. What makes you think I have any interest in what you've got below that tacky double belt of yours?"

Unphased by my pathetic jab at his fashion sense, Kid hooked an arm around my body and dragged me to stand between his legs, trapping me with his thighs.
"There're plenty of reasons for me to think you've got more than just an interest."

Scoffing, I prayed he couldn't feel me shiver in his hold. I didn't need him to get any cockier than he already was, but at the same time it was exhilarating.
"Tch, like what?"

Kid hummed quietly as his fingers traced nonsensical patterns across my lower back, his eyes grazing my form in a way that had me sweating.
"The crazy bitch-style jealousy you won't drop, for one." He simpered, crossing his ankles behind me to seal his trap.

I squirmed against him, but I wasn't legitimately trying to escape. He and I both knew that.
"O..Okay, sure, jealousy had a little to do with it...but I knew those girls were bad news, and I was right! You're lucky I didn't get blind drunk like you did, otherwise you'd be in Impel Down right now!"

Dragging me closer still, Kid's nose grazed against mine, and I could feel the faint vibration of the growl settling in his throat.
"Secondly..." He continued, the burn of his eyes like molten gold. "Insisting on that little sleepover. Wanted to be near me that bad? Hoped something would happen?"

Stay calm, (Y/N), ol' girl...Be cool...

The roll of my eyes was stuttered, and I pulled my head back a bit so our noses weren't touched together.
"You wish...I just couldn't be bothered heading back to my room, a..and I needed the company that night..."

Kid's fingers toyed with the hem of my shirt in the back, teasing contact with my skin and testing the waters. It was driving me crazy, and I wasn't sure whether to allow it or not.
'Thirdly...your reaction when I said I'd probably screw you if you offered..."

I couldn't understand how his voice could be so rough, yet so smooth at the same time. Like honey-coated daggers. I stilled my squirming, but still held my ground against him, even when he nudged my nose again.

"Wh..What? Getting the hell away from you after you said it? Keep dreaming, Kid..." I cursed myself for not putting a dumb spin on his name, but I couldn't help it. I knew just as well as he did that I was falling for his words and actions.

"Finally..." Squeezing me as close as possible to his chest, Kid stole my breath away with his deep inhale, ghosting his lips dangerously close over mine. It was dizzying, and much to some deep horror within myself I was welcoming it with open arms. "...your eyes are just begging for me to kiss you right now..."

"Boss, we need you up on de-"

The pair of us froze when the door flew open, and Heat paused in place, eyes flitting the almost non-existent distance between us. His presence seemed to snap me out of it, and I shoved off and away from Kid, scurrying like a startled rabbit past Heat with my head down.

"T..Totally forgot that I had to brush Missy! Catch you two later..!" I couldn't get out of there fast enough. My heart was going ballistic in my chest, and I didn't stop my hurried walk until I was at the top of the stairs, hand flying to clutch my chest so hard it very well could have broken through bone and skin.

Shit...That was way too close..! Again!

I could taste his breath like a distant memory, and his scent lingered on my clothes, surrounding me in my tissy. Kid was such a brute. A cruel, awful man who bled violence and destruction. That was what everyone on the outside looking in thought.

If that were the truth of it, then why could he be so kind? Why did these men love him so? Why did I feel like I was already completely entranced by his spell?

The memory of Livewire's throat tearing between his teeth arose, and I vocalised a faint whimper, slapping my face between both hands. Bloodied warpaint streaking down his chin, and those eyes of tainted treasure staring right into my soul.

Dammit...Why did he have to be right about all those things..? I'm screwed...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***BONUS KID POV***

"Wh..What do you want..?!" I snapped at Heat, who just stood silently in the doorway, watching me with his naturally tired eyes.

"Sorry, did I, uh, interrupt something..?" He asked, but there was no real apology in his tone. No, he was amused, and not even trying to hide it. Against my will I felt my entire body stiffen, and threw my head violently to the side once a heat began to creep into my cheeks.

"Why the fuck would you think you did?!" I barked, fists balling tight at my sides. "I..If anything you got me out of dealin' with her annoying bitch ass!" Out of the corner of my eye I saw Heat's grin grow wider, along with my embarrassed rage.

Shit..! He couldn't have barged in at a worse time! I was so close..!

"Mmhmm. Okay, Boss." He snickered, which was a very bold move on his behalf, I'd give him that. "Anywho, we're about to pass through Sabaody Archipelago, so we should probably get ready for Naval interference. It could get ugly."

Gritting my teeth, I threw myself into a march towards the stairs, making sure to hit my shoulder to his in a silent way of telling him I was far from impressed. A light way to put it.

"Right...Come on, then. Let's fuck some Marine bastards up..."

***So close, Kid

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***So close, Kid. So very close.

I tried to give Heat a :3 face, but it didn't quite work out. Oh well.

I started a Killer x Reader medieval AU called 'Indulgence', as a side project. Totally 110% inspired by Game of Thrones, because I'm rewatching for work.

Next Time: Give Me a Break***