𝑻𝑨𝑲𝑬 10

🎥

*ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴀꜱ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴɢ*

"Am I doing it right?" Chan had offered to cook dinner for everyone but Vernon, with his undying desire to impress, decided to help out. Chan shook his head before going over to help Vernon with what he was doing.

Chan held onto Vernon's hand as he carefully cut the cucumber into thin slices. "Your slices were too big. Keep doing it like this" Vernon wasn't listening as he kept staring at Chan's lips, trying to explain what he should do.

"You're staring at my lips so much" Chan was about to go to his counter when Vernon held his hand, pulling Chan quickly so that the chef fell against his chest. "I want to kiss you, that's why" Chan kept both his hands balled up on Vernon's shirt as he looked up at the slightly taller's lips with the same longing.

"I want to kiss you too" It was the perfect way to kiss, except Vernon managed to get scared by the oven and hold onto the counter with the knife he discarded. "Shit!" Chan immediately held Vernon's hand towards him, calming down when he didn't see any cuts.

"It didn't press too hard, just a bit of the redness" Vernon was back to staring at Chan now. "If you want to kiss me so badly, then just do it" Vernon took the motivation he was given to hold onto Chan's cheek before leaning down and placing a quick kiss on his lips.

"Is that it?" Chan felt disappointed when Vernon's lips left his way too quickly. "I would kiss you more, but you forgot about the oven, and everything you worked on will burn if we start making out" Chan's priorities were quickly put back into place as he went to get the chicken out of the oven.

"It smells so good" Mingyu walked into the kitchen, ruining Chan's plans of diving right back in for another kiss, a longer one this time. "Should I help? I'm actually good with cooking" Mingyu, who initially had no plan to help, quickly added when he saw Wonwoo walking into the kitchen.

"Chan is cooking? I can't wait to try it" Wonwoo pulled out a stool on the counter before sitting down next to Mingyu, who joined him. "Is Vernon any help?" Wonwoo asked, laughing softly at how Vernon was still struggling with his cucumber.

Wonwoo rested his chin on both hands as he looked at Chan cooking, going over to help Vernon with the vegetables after a few minutes of observing. "I'll help too" Mingyu followed right behind Wonwoo, going to help Chan with the chicken since it was heavy.

"It looks amazing" Wonwoo stole a piece of cucumber from Vernon before taking the rest of what Vernon chopped up to give Chan. "I thought I'd put it in the salad" Chan added the cucumbers to the salad that he had already made and took it to place on the dinner table.

Mingyu carried the rotisserie chicken as Wonwoo and Vernon brought the mashed potatoes, rice and everything else Chan had made mainly on his own. "Everything smells so good" Seokmin was the first to run down the stairs as the others soon followed behind him.

Everyone enjoyed the dinner. Chan really made an impression with his cooking and Vernon with his cucumbers. Jeonghan and Joshua still hadn't returned from their date, but Chan kept their share separately. Either to be eaten as their dinner or as leftover tomorrow.

The friendly banter that was being enjoyed along with Chan's meal was keeping everyone happy except for Mingyu, who just wanted to talk to Wonwoo. Unfortunately, they hadn't been able to say a word to each other, and Mingyu was determined to change that.

"Wonwoo Hyung, do you want to go on a walk with me?" Wonwoo looked up from the bingsu he had decided to eat as dessert. Mingyu waited patiently for Wonwoo to finish his bite before answering him. "I would like that" Mingyu tried to hide his smile, but it was still evident on his face.

"I'll wait for you outside" Wonwoo agreed before going to keep the bowl he ate from in the sink. He stayed there for a bit, contemplating if he was ready to move on yet but decided on it as he made his way outside, walking past Jun, who was laughing with Jihoon.

"You made it" Mingyu offered his arm for Wonwoo to loop with his, which he did, finding the gesture cute. "I can't believe I'm walking with you down a dark alley at 10 pm, very responsible of me" Wonwoo held onto Mingyu's arm as he kicked the pebbles under his feet.

"It's not that dark. There are the street lights and fireflies" Mingyu pointed out the fireflies in the distance. There were so many of them. "They're so pretty" Wonwoo unconsciously pressed his cheek against Mingyu's arm as they walked closer to the illuminated creatures.

"Not as pretty as you right now" Mingyu had a smug expression on his face as Wonwoo looked at him disapprovingly. "That was terrible" Wonwoo pulled Mingyu by his arm, wanting to be in the middle of the fireflies.

"Mingyu, look at them" Wonwoo looked in interest as one perched itself upon his hand. Mingyu just watched in adoration as Wonwoo squealed at how more surrounded them. "It feels unreal" Wonwoo's attention was all on the fireflies, leaving no room to notice Mingyu's on him.

"I agree. I want to kiss you so bad right now, I might use this opportunity to steal a kiss saying it's magical" Wonwoo finally paid attention to Mingyu, who took the opportunity to twist his arm around Wonwoo's waist before inching closer.

"That wasn't terrible. I accept this attempt at flirting" Mingyu looked attractive like this. Wonwoo felt that the light from the fireflies did wonders to Mingyu's tan skin. He was finding it harder by the second to look away. It was magical as cringey as it sounded in his own head.

"I've always wanted a crazy romantic love story" Wonwoo looked around at the hundreds of fireflies that were around them at the moment. "Do you think this feels like it? I think so" Wonwoo couldn't agree more. This felt a lot like what Wonwoo wanted.

Wonwoo held both his arms around Mingyu's neck as Mingyu's hands weighed heavy on his waist. "But right now, I can't even see the fireflies. Only you." Wonwoo let his mind focus on Mingyu as he pulled Wonwoo as close as possible before kissing him.

Wonwoo immediately melted into the kiss as his lips moved automatically with Mingyu like it wasn't even their first kiss. Wonwoo stood on his toes, not because he couldn't reach Mingyu's lips but because he found it to be a romantic action on his part. Mingyu moved back first, wishing he didn't have to almost immediately. They weren't wrong. It was as perfect as a first kiss could get.

❥ ───── 🎥 ───── ★