Chapter 1

If it weren't for the small rise and fall of Min Yoongi's chest, one could have easily mistaken the entire grand throne room and all of its content to be a perfectly still image. It was an image filled with intricate designs, extremely fine details, and plenty of gold and black. The Gyeongbokgung Palace of the Jongno district had been refurbished much to the king's liking after he had taken his rightful place, bored by the simple colour tones from his uncle before him. But, alas, the King Agust D was alive and very much in the middle of plotting in the peaceful silence that bestowed the throne room.

That was until the silence was broken by the slamming of one of the large, tall doors. His eyes landed upon one of his royal advisors who stormed halfway down the room before coming to a complete stop. Jin bowed deeply, never forgetting the rules, despite how enraged he appeared to be. Yoongi tried his hardest to withhold his amusement as he took in the angry red flush on the older's face. Pissing off Jin, his most loyal advisor, was an easy task to do. And he wondered silently to himself what he had done this time.

"Min fucking Yoongi," Jin's annoying nasally voice filled the previous quiet throne room. "Would you care to explain to me exactly why you had the jester imprisoned and added to the behead list?"

Ah, yes that made sense why Jin had stormed in there royally pissed off. Yoongi had indeed ordered his guards to imprison the current jester and behead him when there was a spot free. Yoongi's eyes glistened in the brightly lit room, showing off the inner madness within him, highly amused at the entire situation.

"I found him irritating. Much like yourself," Yoongi muttered under his breath, forgetting that in such an empty room, every sarcastic comment would most definitely be heard.

"Is that so?" angry eyes pinned the unbothered king to his throne.

"It is so," Yoongi stared back with defiant eyes, the faintest smirk ghosting his lips.

"Well go on. Add me to the list then. See how well you can function without me," Jin snapped as he slowly walked his way closer to where Yoongi sat with a now bored expression. "See how well you can run this kingdom without me. Because heaven knows who actually runs the show. Certainly not Namjoon. Definitely not you. You can't even decide which pair of gold earrings you want to wear for the day."

"Did your mother never teach you appearances are everything, Jin?" Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Did your mother never teach you to not behead your jester's simply because they irritated you?" Jin barked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"No, in fact, she didn't," Yoongi feigned to think for a second, before an insane smile graced his face, one that would have unnerved anyone that wasn't Kim Seokjin.

"You're testing my patience Min Yoongi," the older of the pair growled out. "I may just add my own name to the list. It would be better to be beheaded than keep working for you."

"Yes, yes. I know. Now run along and find me a less irritating jester, would you?" Yoongi dismissed Jin with a lazy flick of the wrist. "I have a feast this Sunday that is in need of a new headline."

"We would have one if you didn't behead them," Jin said, rolling his eyes as he begun to walk out of the room. After all, he did need to find a new jester.

"But did you get my joke, Hyung? A new headline? Because my old jester is being beheaded?" loudly Yoongi called out to the retreating back.

"I got it," Jin replied with a shake of his head as he opened the throne room door.

"Your majesty," said Yoongi in a stern reminder that showed no leniency, even to his royal advisor.

"Your majesty," huffed Jin in annoyance as he bowed deeply before he gracefully took his leave.