Emma walked up to her friends and asked, "Stiles, Scott, what happened?"

"Dude, Emma, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news," Stiles said.

Scott sighed. "I think I already know."

"All right. I only found one thing online called a kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."

"That thing was not a jaguar."

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer."

"Yeah, but you did, you two did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead."

Emma shuddered. "I absolutely love thinking about my impending death." She rolled a sleeve down and crossed her arms with a brief wince.

Stiles nodded in agreement. "You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship.""

The three of them made their way to Economics, and Emma sat behind Stiles while Scott sat next to him. Jackson slid into the empty seat behind Scott. "Hey, testicle left and right. Quiet one. What the hell is a kanima?"

Coach stood up and faced the class. "All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult, I'm not even sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy."

"Paralyzed from the neck down," Jackson hissed. "Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

Stiles nodded. "Emma and I are familiar with the sensation."

Scott frowned a moment. "Wait. Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?"

"How should I know?" Jackson retorted.

"Unless, are they thinking it could be Lydia?" Emma asked as she took a moment to think.

Jackson shrugged as he glanced at her. "I don't know, all I heard was her name and something about Chemistry."

"Jackson!" Coach called. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

Jackson thought for a second before turning to Coach. "Um, just as an undying admiration for my -- my coach."

"That's really kind of you. Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?" Coach yelled.

As class ended, Scott turned to Emma and Stiles. "How do we know it's not her?"

Stiles sighed. "Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day."

"Stiles, that's not a very good argument," Scott said.

"And besides; her evil level is a lot lower than 40," Emma added.

Stiles sighed and said, "I'm aware of that you two, but I swear it's not her. It can't be, all right? Lydia's fine. Emma I'm sure would've said something."

Their conversation was interrupted when Coach said, "Okay then, anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?"

Scott looked up at the board. "What is that, Greek?"

"No, I think it is actually English," Emma said as she held up my phone's camera to the board to see that it said, SOMEONE HELP ME.

"Derek is not gonna kill her without proof."