EP 22

Kagami's and Himuro's battle was going to start. Kagami couldn't help but remember Himuro's words about him stopping being his 'brother' if he lost against him. 

    At the same time, Himuro reminisced about a conversation he had with Murasakibara before the game started.

-----Flashback to before the match-----

    Murasakibara was getting a drink out of a vending machine at the eating area and Himuro was sitting on one of the benches there.

    "That promise you made over that ring . . ." Murasakibara started to say and Himuro looked at him. ". . . It's not a bet at all. Even if it's you who wins, you won't be brothers anymore." He said as he opened the can on his hand.

    "Did I tell you about it?" Himuro asked him, he didn't remember telling Murasakibara about his history with Kagami.

    "On the way home after playing street ball." The purple haired answered. "You're not fooling anyone." He said as Himuro held his chain ring on his hand.

    "That's right. I don't want to be Taiga's brother anymore." Himuro said with a serious look. "When we were younger, I didn't feel anything because of the obvious difference in our abilities. But, when I saw he was nearly as good as I was in middle school, I realized something." Himuro said while tightening his hold on his ring. "That I didn't want to lose to him. Our relationship as brothers was getting in the way. Even if he thinks he's trying his best, subconsciously he still holds himself back when facing me. I want to fight Taiga at his strongest and crush him." Himuro explained gravely. Murasakibara looked at him as he drank his juice. Himuro chuckled suddenly, making the purple haired turn to him curiously. "That girl." Himuro said as he looked down. "On that day at our street ball game, that manager saw through me immediately. Even if Taiga doesn't manage to put aside his feelings, I think I can count on her dislike for me to make him stop hesitating." Himuro said as he looked up again.

-----End of Flashback-----

    Himuro had the ball on his hands and Kagami was in front of him. Himuro positioned himself to shoot the ball and Kagami immediately jumped, but Himuro had done a fake. It was surprising because by the movement his body had done, it seriously looked like he was going to shoot. It was a perfect fake.

    Himuro passed by Kagami and, before Hyuuga could stop him, he fluidly stopped dribbling and shot the ball towards the basket and scored. His movements had been absolutely perfect. He transitioned from dribbling to shooting so smoothly, Hyuuga didn't even realized he was going to shoot the ball at that moment. 

    Himuro was the complete opposite of the formless Aomine, he adhered strictly to orthodox methods, but he was so refined it was hard to stop even his standard moves.

    Kagami looked amazed at Himuro's power. He saw what was going to happen, but he couldn't respond. He couldn't believe how smoothly Himuro moved.

    The game went on and Himuro had the ball again. Kagami was once again marking him. Himuro looked at Kagami with angry eyes.

    "You still do, don't you?" he asked the red haired and Kagami looked surprised. "Somewhere in your heart, I hope you don't still think of me as your brother." He told him with furious eyes and Kagami's red ones widened.

    Himuro jumped to shoot the ball and Kagami jumped as well to block it. He extended his arm, but when Himuro released the ball, it went past Kagami's hand as if it had actually gone through it. It was called his Mirage Shot and it was another of Himuro's tricks. With that, Himuro scored again. Kagami was shocked and he recognized this shot. Himuro had showed it to him and (Y/N) after their street ball game.