EP 14

The thought that Aomine wouldn't be able to catch Kuroko's famous pass never crossed the ace's mind. Even if Kuroko had improved his technique to Ignite Pass Kai, Aomine believed he would catch it. 

    This time, he was wrong.

    Kuroko improved his normal Ignite Pass by making the ball spin as it flew. Just like with bullets, if it is spinning, its penetration power is a lot stronger. Although Aomine knew where the ball was going to fly by, his hand didn't manage to stop it. The ball went so fast and strongly that it hit Aomine's hand and kept going towards Kiyoshi.

    Kiyoshi was able to catch it and jumped to dunk, but Wakamatsu jumped after him. With his Right of Postponement, Kiyoshi was able to change what he was doing and sent the ball back to Kagami, who succeeded in dunking it this time. 

    With this, Seirin equalized the scores to 2 – 2.

    Aomine couldn't hide his surprise when he wasn't able to intercept Kuroko's pass, but an excited smirk made its way back on his face.

    "I see. I can have some fun with you now, Tetsu." Aomine said.

    "I'd be surprised if you thought I hadn't changed." Kuroko said with serious eyes. 

    Aomine scoffed and glanced quickly at Seirin's manager, sitting calmly at the bench. 

    Maybe.

    The crowd was impressed with Kuroko's pass and comments were heard from every direction.

    Touou's players, although amazed with Kuroko's new pass, were not deterred. They were a potent team and this was nothing for them. 

    Imayoshi had the plan of starting to make high passes. They were all taller than Kuroko, so if they used their height to their advantage and only made high passes, Kuroko wouldn't be able to tap the ball from their hands or even steal it.

    "Damn that guy." (Y/N) said quietly as she saw what Touou was doing.

    Sakurai scored a three-pointer and put Touou in the lead again. Things didn't look that much different from the first time they played against Touou. They were stronger now, that was certain, but so was Touou. Their level was still superior.

    "Damn it. It's like nothing changed." Tsuchida said with agitation, at Seirin's bench.

    The other teams that were watching the match were also commenting on this topic. Like Kaijou, for example.

    "It would've been better for Seirin to have another trick up their sleeve." Kasamatsu said to his teammates and they looked at him. "Kuroko's pass didn't faze them. Touou is playing like they always do. There's no weakness to exploit. In other words, we're just seeing their difference in skill. Their difference in rank." The captain explained. Kise looked on with serious eyes. He took a quick glance at his (H/C) haired friend, wondering if this time would really be like before.

    Suddenly, everyone was surprised when they saw what was about to happen. Kagami had the ball and was in front of Aomine. Their one-on-one battle was starting so soon! 

    Kagami kept calm, he analyzed his options carefully. Very swiftly, he made a small fake with the ball, as if he was going to start, but his red eyes caught Aomine's foot immediately react to keep up with whatever move Kagami decided to make. In Kagami's head he saw a whole battle against Aomine and, in the end, Aomine would take the ball from him and Seirin would be at a greater disadvantage. Seeing that this would be the outcome from this one-on-one, Kagami decided to, instead, pass the ball to Izuki.