Chapter 8:

I didn't want to do this, not one bit. 

So as we stood at Kinako's house and I scanned her father and sisters, I wondered if Kinako knew her father was probably sick. The answer was a definate no. Because now she was crying either from the sight or from noticing the holes in the stumps on his father's back. Of course, if I remember correctly, and my memory is already quite good, then the infection and within it the stump formation, develops by duplicating new bone tissues. It is able to grow through this. 

Myself and Asahi got into an offensive pose and waited ofr Kinako to do the same, then to pull herself together. 

- What do you want Kinako? Should we kill them or should we fight and let others kill them probably more brutally? - asked Asahi; while Kinako's eyes were filled with tears. And I could honestly understand her but she shouldn't let fear controll her at the moment. We needed to do something about this immediately. 

- Please don't hurt 'em. - Kinako sobbed while she grabbed onto her mask. - I'll go grab my stuff and come back soon. If you really want it that much, it's not worth hurting them either. My father is not a bad person, he wouldn't hurt anyone even if he's not in his right mind. If it depends on it, tie them back to the iron columns. Be careful with Vana so she doesn't get hurt even more, I trust you Astromi. WIth my whole heart. Please just for once, don't follow what your mind says. - she looked at me and we all ran through the open gate, ready, and Kinako walked past us and went inside to get her things. I immediately got to my back and, pulling one of my twin sabers out of the holster, I had to jump at his father. The two little sisters didn't move a bit, so Asahi ran over and slid the last few meters on his knees, first tied a piece of T-shirt material on Ada's little hands and then went on Vana's and led them back nicely. It was so bad to see the little ones, whom I didn 't even know that well, suffering and barely being able to stand on their feet. However, if that wasn't enough, I had to fall back to reality because Kinako's father pushed me so hard that I almost fell backwards. For some reason, he was also able to use his stumps, which he kept trying to hit me with. I reached back to my other saber and tried to ward off his stabs with it and with the other i tried to keep him away from me, since our dear beloved man was very capable of biting and I was his food according to his actions. 

I was almost bitten when Asahi ran in at the last moment and kicked out his legs using the slipping method, before our infected friend cut back and landed on his stumps. The sound the stumps made when they arrived didn't sound very pleasing. If that wasn't enough, Kinako came out at that moment and all she saw was that her father was lying on the ground and I was pointing my sabers at him. He looked bewildered, then the next moment she switched and disappeared behind the doors. I was completely puzzled by the situation, but then as soon as Kinako burst out of the door with a handcuff, I understood. She wants to sedate them and be with her little sisters. He threw the handcuffs to Asahi, and the guy put the mentioned object on our infected person lying on the ground. 

- Kinako, please go with Asahi for now. I'll take your family to the back of your garden. - I said as it was, Kinako walked out of the building - ;that was one called home; - with her stuff. I grabbed the infected mans hand dragging him back on the ground. I pulled the clamp onto one of the thinner irons and even tied it to it with a small piece of fabric. And in the next moment I plunged my saber between his ribs. 

Did I regret it? No, never. He put Kinako and her sisters in danger more than once, and in addition, he completely condemned Kinako for smoking and having a boyfriend who's three years older than her. I didn't understand. We are talking about her own daughter, and despite that, Kinako isn't going to change just because of the small changes in her everyday life. She didn't even felt safe when she was around his father in the majority of the time. And it deeply saddens me that because of this and the cigarettes, Kinako looked so worse while the time passed by. She didn't eat and couldn't sleep. She needed help and even though we were always there for her, that kind of need was exhausted in the love and affection that she recieved from his boyfriend, Tadashi.