Chapter 5:

While we were looking for the others, we run into Akira and Asahi. We also told them to go into the kitchen and wait for us until we get to the office and found the others. I also asked them to set the table if they found any more plates. 

As soon as we got the the director's office, we had to notice that Toshi was sitting inside watching the cameras with the little spare power that Minato conjured up for us from somewhere. 

- Ueno-san and Kinako-san are in the hall. Keiro, Minato and Tadashi are trying to get enough metal and iron from the informatic classroom. Tadashi has some fate and is able to make weapons for us and we will need it now beacuse if we want to get out, we'll have to hunt for survival and who knows how many people were infected or how high the risk of infection is. Minato said that he sent an emergency signal and whoever get's it or whatever answer we get will immediately notify us about it. - Toshi said but for once I couldn't catch his gaze. It was strange that he wouldn't look me in the eye. 

Once he care about me, and the next moment he doesn't. It was honestly frustrating. 

I nodded, then we started walking towards the others. We also gathered Ueno and Kinako,  but we almost left them when we got to the boys, by then they were left behind;- because they found laughing to be a better activity;- but on the way Tadashi gathered his girlfriend and thanks to heaven we finally all entered the kitchen. Everyone took a bowl full of soup and started eating. But as soon as we started eating, the awkward silence started to sweep through in the air and noone dared to look up from the table, 'cause they again felt the kind of tension that was mostly caused by the things between Kazuo and Mahoro, and maybe even between us, I think that Keiro also palyed a role. He took a seat next to me, leaning against the counter, and Toshi in front of me grimaced at his food in such a way that it hurt to look at. 

Well what can I say, it wasn't a pleasant event, but if we put these aside and the fact that Mahoro was on the verge of crying because Kazuo and Sakura ate next to each other and they were very close to one another. It was a cute sight when Asahi and Ueno stared at each other with shining eyes. Okay it hurt my soul a little that Ueno didn't care about me much anymore but if she's happy then so am I. Minato sipped the rest of his soup next to Keiro. At that moment, however, his phone beeped and he immediately took it out of his pocket. He put his plate down next with one hand, it showed how his hands trembled, but slowly he unlocked his phone. 

We all watched him with curiosity in our eyes. 

-" As half the world already knows, I, President Akatashi will decide on everything by the end of the week. Thanks to this we will try to evacutate everyone to upper and lower borders, where the infection is less dangerous and will no longer affect the people there. After that, I'll ask all of you to be patient, because we have to cover a quite large area and again we only have 62 helicopters at our disposal at the moment. We have already started the evacuations at the bottom. But I ask all of you not to be impatient at the upper half of the country. Whereever you are send back a reply message to this text, and our people will measure the posibble places. Next later those of you who sent a reply to this, will recieve a text informing you when and how we will solve your transfer. Now let's move on to the infected. There were an awful amount of people on the streets that day, so I warn my dear citizens that if possible y'all should not go out on the streets for at least another week. The infection settles down by then, but I recommend masks. Now comes what I actually mean by infection. I don't recommend for the faint of heart. 

The infection itself consists of attacking the surface of the skin itself, and if it penetrates the bones, it starts producing  the same bone tissue on the spinal collumn and roughly spreads the vertebrea in the middle, thus two stumps starts to grow outwards. These develop slowly in the beginning, are extremely painful, and when advanced, the stumps can extend up to two meters from the vertebrea. However, the bottom of the stumps is extremely sharp and dangerous. The dry, cracked, bloody and thinned form of the skin hold the entire internal skeleton together.