Chapter 4:

Last night was a blast. Toshi and I were the second to last to get to the gym, followed by Akira and Kazuo moments later. The two girls returned to the room after 10 minutes, still each one of us wanting to play another round. 

After that I was able to find a hiding place on my own. Thank God. Although I wouldn't mind if... no, I just won't think about it. 

Everyone came back dead tired in the middle of the night, we decided by mutual agreement that it was now time to sleep. 

In the morning I woke up to my phone's alarm. I mean, we woke up to three phones ringing at the exact same time. Minato's phone also rang and Toshi's phone buzzed next to my face. It was quite irritating 6.30 am in the morning. 
Even so Minato and I, hit it off right away, since as I know the boy, he started late almost every morning. But I guess he won't have to catch the bus. 
Then came our next dilemma, waking everyone up nicely. Let's kill the time with something important. First we agreed on  that it was time to eat. 

- Astro-san, you can cook right? - Tadashi, Kinako's boyfriend asked me on the way to the kitchen.
- As a matter of fact, yes I can. But what does it have to do with us finding something to eat? - I asked back politely. 
- We were thinking, - said Kinako from beside him, - that you and Sakura could cook lunch. And as far as I know, everyone's clothes are starting to fall apart and getting dirty, plus I don't wanted to wear this one piece all weekend. So Ueno and I decided to sew or atleast find new pieces for everyone. 
- That's quite a good idea. My suggestion is that we don't eat until then, since there isn't much left after portioning out the food for the twelve of us. By the way you'd feel better with a cooked and warm meal in you belly. But the matter of fact is there should be one or two guy who could help us in the kitchen. You know, haha we can't really reach the top of the shelves. - I mutterred the end to myself. It's so unpleasant when a person born and stayes small. Damn genetics. 

At that moment, everyone disappeared in to thin air, amd only Kazuo and Mahoro were left with us. Well that's going to be pretty hard and embarassing for me. Being the third wheel is so exhausting and sucks.  

Sakura and I decided to make ramen soup. Now what can I say, it's easy and simple, we won't strain ourselves. 
- Kazuo could you take out the pasta bags off the top shelves for me? - Sakura asked. Mahoro immediately reached for the shelf as he was closer. 
- Thanks Mahoro! 
Meanwhile I started cutting the vegetables. While I was cutting the spring onions, Mahoro came, stood next to me and started to help me. 

- It really is hopeless Astromi. 
- Get youself together, it's not impossible. Who knows what the future brings. - I said without looking up from the slicing. 
- Maybe you're right. - Mahoro smiled but it soon disappeared from his face. The two were exceptionally well together. 

Kazuo held up the spice which he was supposed to pour into the pot, Sakura then tried to reach it on her tiptoes. Then the spice spilled from the holder which was upside down at the moment onto Kazuo's shoulder and Sakura's left arm. 

They were laughing with each other, then I got afraid that Mahoro would freak out and throw something at them, in the worse case it was non other than a knife he had in his hand.  

With this argument, I pushed his side a little with my hip and as he turned towards me, I reach for one of the eggs. 

- Don't you dare, you little . . . - Mahoro raised his hand. In the end I decided to be nice and not throw the egg at him. Rather with my free hand which had the knife in it a few minutes ago, I ruffed Mahoro's blonde hair with it. 

- You're a cruel woman, you know that right? - he messed with his hair just to be sure it's in the right place. 

- I know. 

***

At the top of everything, I ended up distracting Mahoro and either I spoke or I let him explain something. This something mostly the stories they lived through with Toshi. I learned a lot, for example, that Toshi doesn't like bugs because he once found one in his bed when he was little. 

Mahoro mentioned that then when they were young, when they couldn't decide on something, they usually eat yoghurt, and whoever ate it first, that person get to be the captain and get to make choices for the rest of the day. Toshi always won because he liked yoghurt more. At the same time it is quite childish, but at least Mahoro don't thought about Sakura. Or I just didn't know about it. 

I let Sakura and Kazuo stand in front of the gas stove doing their thing, I choose that as soon as the food was ready I would invite Sakura to talk with me. Then the sudden realization hit me that if I took the girl with me, the two boys would probably either fight or tear apart the whole kitchen on the spot. So I guess that means all of us are going out to find our companions. 

***

When the food was ready, we went out of the kitchen to find everyone. I was thinking if we are in such a large building, it would be better to look first in the director's office, since we can find out where our group members are with the cameras. Let's pray for the power supply, I hope it's still working.