FIFTY

════╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞════
Instagram and IRL
════╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞════

@LEANNALAWSON JUST POSTED!

@leannalawson:

liked by user027, matthew

liked by user027, matthew.sturniolo, and others
@leannalawson: closure is out now 🫶

USER HAS LIMITED COMMENTS!

user594: THE CONCEPT FOR THIS SINGLE COVER BEING THE FACT THAT THE CLOSURE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FREEING BUT SHE FEELS TRAPPED BECAUSE THE BREAKUP DIDNT MAKE SENSE ... SHE IS A GENIUS

o.wilson: my roommate is super talented

nicolassturniolo: YOU CONTINUE TO BLOW ME AWAY EVERY TIME YOU RELEASE SOMETHING NEW

user386: parental advisory?? WE GET TO HEAR HER CUSSING?? WE WIN

lilithlawson: i love ur music lea NEVER STOP MAKING IT

user212: i hope she never stops making music

christophersturniolo: I am so proud of you!

user077: it sucks to see that she has to limit her comments now because of some people

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Leanna is quickly figuring out that New York might be one of her favourite places in the world. Being able to make and release music is one of the most exciting things she's done. Her arrival in New York was met with her aunt's open arms. Aria had told Lea that 'you can stay here whenever you want or need to.' The sentence had made Lea smile brightly, thanking her aunt. That was two days ago. Currently, Leanna is in the studio with her producer and the sound engineer.

After she finishes singing the last chorus of her song, 'Grow as We Go', her producer, James, enters the recording booth. "Leanna, I want you to take that chorus again." he turns to the engineer to queue up her music, "I want you to make the listener really feel it. What you have now is great. But I know you can do more. Think about who you wrote the song for. Dig deep."

Nodding, she takes a sip from her water bottle as she watches him exit. Leanna takes James' critique into consideration and really thinks back to her breakup with Matt. The confusion and utter heartbreak seep through her voice as she sings. When she's done, she sees James holding two thumbs up. Since she's officially done recording the single, the only thing left is the music video. Walking out of the studio and into her uber (her aunt's at work and couldn't pick her up), Leanna hears her ringtone. Seeing Matt's contact photo and name makes her smile.

"Hi," she picks up the phone while opening the car door, "I miss you."

On the other side of the line, Matt is stepping into Laura's basement to get some alone time. He loves his brothers, but he really doesn't want to hear the kissy noises Chris makes when he tries to talk to his girl or Nick screaming in his ear about how loud he's talking. Sitting down on the cot, he rests his head on the wall.  "Hey pretty girl, I miss you too."

Leanna can feel her face burn at the term of endearment, turning toward the car window to distract herself, "How's everything in LA?"

"Everything's going well. We leave for Palm Springs in two days for our birthday. What about you? How's making music?"

"It's good. I'm recording a music video for the single you inspired. You're a great musical, do you know that?"

Matt chuckles while fiddling with his chain, "I meant muse, I swear!"

Leanna sees the entrance to her aunt's apartment complex and thanks the uber driver. Walking through the sliding doors, she makes her way to the elevator. "Sure you did babe."

Ignoring her comment, he switches topics, "So how's the no social media thing going?"

"If I'm being honest, it's nice not seeing all the hate. I'm just glad my manager was willing to control everything for me. I do get bored sometimes though. But I've compiled a list of things to do when boredom hits."

Matt is still heartbroken that some of those claiming to be fans of him and his brothers have pushed Leanna off the internet. Lea doesn't know, but the hate hasn't completely subsided. It got to the point where they addressed it in one of their car videos. After that, the comments decreased, but not by much. Matt puts the phone on speaker while he swipes through his camera roll for pictures of Lea. "Let me hear them."

The elevator dings and Leanna steps into the empty elevator carriage, pressing the number 12. "Ok, so far I have on my list: calling/texting you, dyeing my hair back to blonde—which I've already done—, reading a book, finishing writing songs and trying to bake."

At the same time, Matt stumbles upon a photo of the two of them at the airport before he had left for L.A. Leanna is wearing one of his hoodies while he's pressing his lips to the temple of her head. The two were unaware of the photo being taken until Chris made a sickeningly sweet voice saying how cute they are. "I like how I'm number one on there."

Leanna steps onto the twelfth floor, walking toward her aunt's door. Digging through her pocket to search for the key, she uses her shoulder to have her phone pressed against her ear. "You're always number one."

Leanna takes off her shoes, sits on the couch and pulls the laptop on the coffee table into her lap. Opening it up, she's faced with the digital receipt for the flight tickets to L.A. she had bought for Matt's birthday. She won't arrive until nine p.m, but she figured better late than never. Thankfully, Laura was more than happy for Lea to come, filling her in that Nathan was coming also. Leanna is thanking God that her manager had booked her a photoshoot and interview in LA that week. 

"I wish you could be here for our birthday," Matt says. He misses her terribly. Matt would do just about anything, to have Lea in his arms again. Their facetimes and phone calls could only do so much.

Leanna feels bad about lying to him, but she really wanted her appearance to be a surprise to all three of the boys. She knew that if she told one of them, the other two would quickly find out. Putting on her best fake disappointed voice, "Me too."

Matt opens his mouth to respond but is cut off by Nick's shrill voice yelling his name. "Nick's shouting my name, so I think I gotta go."

"Bye Matt. I love you."

Even though this isn't the first time she's said it, he still feels those same butterflies. He bites his lip, suppressing a smile, "I love you too. I'll text you."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
as soon as i watched the boy's birthday vlog i knew i wanted lea to surprise them

the triplets bday is next chapter eek

ok so this book is ending soon which breaks my heart a bit but its been a blast so thank you all so much for ur comments and votes

until next time <3