THIRTY FOUR

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══
instagram and IRL
══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

CW: grabbing (idk how else to describe it?)

@LEATHELION JUST POSTED!

leathelion:

liked by exclassmate222, exclassmate739, and others@leathelion: he's so 😵‍💫

@leathelion: he's so 😵‍💫

exclassmate222: oh he's cute you got a good one omg
╰─▸ leathelion: I KNOW RIGHT?

jude.diago: please stop im blushing

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Sitting cross-legged on Jude's couch on a Thursday evening was not what Leanna had planned. They went on a date although, she's not sure she could even call it that considering they left early because Jude insisted on it (something about having an assignment he forgot about). Leanna told him he could drop her off, but he told her he still wanted her around. Currently, she's eating his Tostitos chips that she found in his pantry while he works at his desk. It's weird being with someone six years older than her. He has his own place, which is something she's not used to, and he talks about engineering like it's some god. But, he's nice and she thinks she can see herself loving him someday, that is if she can push the thoughts of Matt out of her head.

Sighing, she plays with the ends of her hair that is gathered into a ponytail. Watching Jude from the couch was not how she wanted this date night to plan out. Leanna doesn't know if she can ask him to talk to her considering that technically she isn't his girlfriend and that he seems pretty focused on the paper in front of him. Leanna uncrosses her legs and walks over to his desk. His jet-black hair is a mess because of how many times he has run his fingers through it. Leanna can see the paper is filled with different equations and diagrams littering the page.

Sensing his clear distress, Lea touches his shoulder gently. "Hey, why don't you take a break?"

His posture is stiff and Lea can feel that his muscles are rigid as he doesn't reply. She tries again, but he shrugs her hand off his shoulder and continues to write.

"Jude, you should take—"

He slams his hand on the table, causing Lea to flinch. His teeth are clenched as he speaks to her. "Can you just fuck off? I'm not in a good mood right now."

Lea steps back, shocked by his outburst. His body language conveys that he's more than just frustrated, he's angry. Taking another step back she finds herself hitting the arm of his couch. "I didn't know, I'm sorry."

She's grabbing her phone from his coffee table and shoving it in the back pocket of her jeans. Lea is about three feet from his front door when she feels a hand around her bicep, forcing her to turn around. His grip on her arm is tight and she can feel the pins and needles forming in her fingers due to the lack of circulation.

"You're not going."

Leanna tries to move, but his grip only tightens. Her heart is racing and she can feel fear pulse through her veins. There's silence that's met with his grip tightening even further. Tears pricking her eyes, she responds, "I'm leaving so you can focus."

He loosens his grip on her bicep and runs his fingers through his already disheveled hair. "Look, I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have snapped at you. I don't want you to leave, so please don't. I'll take a break, I promise."

Jude looks different now. Lea can see the tiredness in his eyes. She can't leave him alone, not right now even if she's scared out of her mind. "I'll stay," she whispers.

He drops his hand from her arm and cradles her face. "I really am sorry, Lea."

She doesn't get a chance to say anything because he presses his lips to hers. Kissing someone who isn't Matt is weird. There isn't that warm feeling in her chest and she doesn't feel the butterflies that she feels with Matt. Lea tries to get rid of any lingering thoughts of him as she kisses Jude back. His lips are soft and only slightly chapped. Jude pulls away and smiles.

"Let's watch a movie, ok?" His hand is still cradling the side of her face as he speaks. Leanna nods and she finds herself watching The Wolf of Wall Street (Jude's choice, Leanna has never watched it) with Jude's arm over her shoulder. But as she watches Leonardo Dicaprio on the screen, the dull throbbing of pain from her right arm is overwhelming all her senses. It feels like it's warning her that this whole relationship is a terrible idea. It's telling her to run.

She doesn't.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

very excited about how this story is going and how well it's doing ty all so much

the parallelism in the ending of this chapter to the ending of chapter eighteen >>

how do you guys feel about jude?

until next time!