Ch.12 With Friends Like These

3rd Pov

Ruby: "Ironwood's declaring Martial Law and abandoning Mantle! Salem is coming, and he's going to use the staff to move Atlas. If we don't stop him, then Mantle's going to be des-"

The communication was suddenly cut off, as Qrow sat there holding his scroll with a look of horror. Robyn was sitting beside him in shock from the news, and Eaglle stood beside Qrow shocked while Clover looked only a little surprised.

Tyrian had woken up, and was quietly giggling to himself as he watched.

Robyn: "Declaring martial law? We can not let him do this."

Clover: "Ms. Hill, I'm sure the general understands the enormity of his-"

Clover's scroll suddenly beeped from an alert, and he brings it out to open it. His scroll showed the arrest warrants for RWBY, JNPR, LADR, BARK, Oscar and Qrow, with the order to detain them on sight above. Qrow and Robyn suddenly felt on edge as Clover tucked away his scroll, and with a sigh, stood up and began to walk towards Qrow. Qrow slowly wrapped his fingers around the hilt of his sword.

Qrow: "Clover..."

Clover: "Qrow, you should know that I've been asked to bring you in."

Robyn's scroll had also just received the warrants alert. Tyrian laughed quietly as he watched the growing tension with a sinister grin.

Tyrian: "A free ride and a show!"

Clover: "There's also an alert out for team RWBY's arrest."

Qrow felt his blood run cold as if his heart stopped beating. The grip on his sword tightened to the point his knuckles were turning white as he stared at Clover's neutral look.

Qrow: "WHAT?! Has James lost his mind?!"

Robyn: "He's trying to stop anybody who might get in the way of this inhumane plan."

Robyn stood from her seat and aimed her crossbow at Clover.

Robyn: "Looks like he underestimated me... again."

Clover: "Only Qrow is under arrest. After everything we've been through tonight please don't make me arrest you too."

Robyn clenched her teeth as she pulled the wire of her crossbow back, having a bolt ready to fire. Clover narrowed his eyes as he deployed his fishing rod.

Qrow: "Cut it out! Both of you. We're almost back to Atlas. Let's talk to James personally and-"

Tyrian cut off Qrow as he rolled his eyes from where he was sitting.

Tyrian: "It's taking a very long time for this show to get to the good part."

Qrow: "Shut up."

Robyn: "He's right. Let's get this over with."

Qrow: "Robyn!"

Robyn fired the bolt at Clover, who easily deflected the shot with the fishing rod. Robyn ran at Clover, changing her crossbow into its bladed shield mode, and swung downwards at him. Clover quickly blocked the attack, hooking her shield and pulls to throw Robyn to the floor. Qrow growled quietly as he stood up.

Qrow: "Fine."

Deploying his sword, Qrow swung at Clover, who quickly jumped out of the way. Qrow instantly swung again, and Clover blocked it, locking their weapons together. Eaglle just sighed at this and would only step in if anything turns south.

Clover: "I wish it hadn't come to this."

Qrow: "It doesn't have to!"

Robyn jumped back into the fight, using her shield to break the locked weapons which forced Clover to jump back.