Chapter 5

Ch5

Alex's POV

"Lexi drop the peanut butter now"

BANG

"You moron"

BONG

"Lexi I'm sorry--"

BING

"I'll kill you"

BLOP

"Come on jus--"

BOOP

"You big poop"

"What?" He asked confused. I glare at him and throw the plant pot at his head, he catches it and lays it on the ground.

"Out of all the jobs, you make me a high school teacher" I sneer at him and start throwing different fruits at him.

"Shouldn't you be happy? You've always wanted to be a teacher" he tried reasoning while ducking all the fruits I threw at him.

"Yea, at a collage. Not a bloody high school with horny boys and orangutan Barbie's" I grab a random fruit from the fridge and pull it out. What the hell is this thing? Eh I throw it at him and he winces as it hits him in the face.

"Do you see this? Yea this body is not worth some wacky high school" I point to my body.

"Alright alright just listen. Look just give it a try plus I've already signed you up so you start on Monda-- Alex put the watermelon down!" He screeches, hiding behind an amused Jeff.

"Lexi honey, just try it out for a couple of days and if it's not working out then quit" Jeff smiled walking towards me. I put back the watermelon and sigh out loud.

"Okay fine BUT if any of these kids try to pull a prank on me, oh huh there gonna have to deal with me" I threaten Luke who looks close to peeing his pants.

"Um okay good, well I hope you have a.....fun.....time?" He trails off under my glare.

"Alex dear, if you keep making that face it's going to stay like that forever. Now, can you quickly go buy me some eggs and butter? I need to bake a cake and some cookies for my friends party" she smiles sheepily and pats me on the head.

"Fine but I better have some of those cookies" I yell out to her while walking out the front door. I jump in my car and head off to the mall.

After 10 minutes of driving I park my car and head into the shops. Okay what should I buy first? I decide to head to the sugar and sweet aisle first so I can get some icing. As I'm looking for the flavors, I see a girl with her hoodie up looking around everywhere. She looks up to see me staring and freezes, without a second later she runs right past me and into the next aisle. I shake my head and grab the ingredients I need. 5 minutes later, I head to the line where the counter is. I start putting everything in the counter when I'm shoved forward a bit.

"HEY STOP THAT THEIF!" Someone shouted as the girl with the hoodie before ran past me. I quickly grab her from the waist and spin her around, I freeze when I see her face. She was a bit pale and skinny with dark brown hair and lovely blue eyes. But the thing that froze me most was the look in her eyes, for any ordinary person her eyes would look emotionless. But being a psychologist and mastering the field of hiding emotions, I could tell how lonely and broken this girl was.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when she tried to wiggle out of my hold. Her eyes pleading desperately as she looked back to see an angry employee coming this way. Without thinking, I dug my hands through her pockets and gripped all the food she had stolen, throwing it on the floor.

"Oh whoops, haha my bad. Guess I dropped my food on the ground" I said out loud, fake laughing. I bent down to grab the food as the employee grabbed the girl.

"You young lady are in very big trouble" he shouted, spit flying from his mouth. I grimaced and tapped his shoulder.

"Umm sorry to intrude but what seems to be the problem?" I question faking confusion. Suddenly a manager came up it us and asked what's wrong.

"This one thinks she can steal from here and get away with it" he spits again. The girl looked absolutely frightened.

"Well before making assumptions, could you at least check if she had stolen anything?" I ask putting the food on the counter. A smirk spears on the guys face as he lifts his hands closer to her.

"On second thought, why don't I do it? Since she had bumped into me" I didn't wait for his answer and quickly patted her down.

"Well looks like she's empty. I think you should hire people who don't make assumptions up and get people in trouble" I say while paying for my food.

"Yes sorry about that miss, I'm pretty sure it was a misunderstanding, it won't happen again" the manager quickly dragged his worker giving him an earful. I grab my bags and pull the girl outside the shops.

"Well here you go young one, all your food" I took out the bag of food she had stolen and gave it to her. She looked at it wide eyed and then took it.

"Thank you" she whispered so quietly I could barely hear it.

"No worries just try be careful" I pat her on the head and walk off. I quickly halt and turn around to see the girl standing in the same place.

"Oh yea also" I call out to her. She quickly turns around and raises her eyebrows.

"Next time, try not to get caught. I won't be there to help you out next time" I grin at her a head towards my car.

I load the bags in the back seat and hop in the car. The whole ride home I couldn't forget those blue icy eyes filled with so much sadness it nearly broke my heart.