Chapter 17

1801 words

“Compared to children of the same age, you are more outstanding… I don’t know if I praised you that much.”

“…….”

I shut my mouth.

‘I should have answered more foolishly.’

I regretted it inside.

I think let’s not do anything too noticeable, but I sometimes crossed the line because I don’t know what it was like when I was seven.

“….. A genius who only comes out once every few decades, it’s burdensome.”

At that, my mother smiled softly.

“Aisha.”

Her call, which seemed to mean something, made me nervous.

“Yes, mother.”

I had a feeling she was going to say something important.

It was a hunch I got from staying with her for a long time.

Then, her mouth opened.

“What do you want to do in the future?”

“….. what?”

I blinked my eyes.

“I’m asking you what you want to do in the future.”

My mother laughed as if she were having fun.

“I’ve known you for a long time. Do you remember the noble lady who came to teach you when you were young was amazed?”

I blushed a little bit.

“But again, after listening to Scholar Almin, I became more and more worried about what I should do for you in the future.”

“……”

“Aisha, anything is fine. If there’s anything you want to do, I’ll tell the Emperor and this mother will support you.”

Her eyes were filled with sincerity.

“Since you were a child, you said that you wanted to study further by becoming a scholar. If you want to try something new, I will bring in scholars, and if you want to experience more, I will show you the wide world.”

“I…..”

I hesitate.

At my reaction, my mother sighed.

“I think I spoke too hastily.”

Mother looked a little embarrassed.

“Think about it.”

I blinked. And my mother held my hand warmly.

“No matter what path you choose, I will support you. Besides, you’re still a lot younger. There’s endless possibilities.”

The possibilities are endless.

“Or……”

Mother seemed to think for a moment.

“Why don’t we do this?”

“What?”

“There’s a spring festival this time.”

Spring festival.

It is an event to thank the God of Light and pray for the arrival of spring that represents life.

From the first day of the festival, when the bells ring in the temple, people will try to keep themselves neat all week.

In addition, there are some of the most influential women in the imperial family, namely tea ceremonies hosted by the empress for generations.