035

"i think we need to stop seeing each other for a bit.."

m/n's brows furrowed at the words he was hearing. eric looked down, unable to meet the taller's eyes as his tears flowed down his cheeks for what felt like the thousandth time that week.

"because of chanhee?" m/n asked, watching him nod in response. m/n sighed and rubbed his face in distress as he felt his chest tighten.

"i'm really sorry, this is all my fault.. i didn't want to lose you again but everything is so messed up now and i can't.." eric took a deep breath before continuing with a shaky voice. "i just can't do this."

m/n looked at him, his lips thinning into a line.

"okay.. i understand."

eric finally looked at him as they sat in silence for a moment. his eyes moved around m/n's apartment, thoughts continuing to flood his mind and dampen his mood more and more.

"are we, um.. are we still friends though? or.." m/n asked quietly as eric tensed up.

"i wanna be, yes.. i think i just need some time."

m/n nodded, sitting back and exhaling deeply. eric frowned as he felt more tears coming. he finally got up from where they were sitting, deciding to just leave. m/n's eyes followed the male to the front door before he turned back around.

"i think.. maybe, i'll always love you, m/n. but.."

m/n's lips turned into a bittersweet smile, nodding.

"i know. me too. i'll be here for you when you're ready."