023

chanhee paused his video game as he heard a knock on his door. the boy quickly jumped to his feet and opened the door to find m/n there.

"hey! what're you doing here?"

m/n gave him a small smile in greeting, beginning to feel anxious.

"i wanted to talk to you about something, can i come in?"

"oh yeah, sure." chanhee answered as he let the taller inside. m/n sighed quietly and raked a hand through his hair. he sat down at one of the stools in chanhee's kitchen, the latter joining him in concern.

"is something wrong, m/n?"

m/n rubbed his face, not quite sure how to start.

"um.. kinda. i think .. i think we need to break this off."

chanhee's look of concern fell into a straight face as he realized what was happening, but his eyes stayed on the other as he finished.

"you're amazing, chanhee. i've had a lot of fun with you and i'd love to stay friends. it's just.. i don't know, i'm-" he cut himself off with a heavy sigh as he covered his face. "i'm sorry.."

chanhee's lips curved into a bittersweet smile.

"m/n, it's okay. you don't feel for me as strongly as i do for you, you can't control that. thank you for telling me."

m/n looked up at him surprised. never had he known someone who could take something like this so well, but he was damn grateful for it.

"fuck, chanhee, you're really amazing. thank you for understanding, really."

chanhee nodded and smiled more, a silent 'you're welcome'. m/n couldnt help but smile back and take the shorter's hand, giving it a gentle kiss before getting up from the stool.

"by the way, are you coming to the lake with us?" chanhee asked as the other turned back to look at him.

"oh, um.. i'm not sure to be honest. eric asked me but i wanted to make sure you wouldn't mind."

chanhee's face lit up, nodding. "of course i don't mind! it'll be fun, everything between us is fine, m/n, really. you should come."

m/n smiled and nodded. "then i'll be there."