026

"WAAAAATERRRR!!" changmin yelled as he quickly threw his shirt off and ran into the water of the lake, leaving eric, m/n, chanhee, sunwoo, juyeon, and jacob to stare after him. this was a lake all the boys had been to many times together. it was secluded and beautiful with it's twists and bends, and rarely filled with other people.

the rest of them watched as changmin raised his arms and fell back into the blue abyss with a huge smile.

"sooo i'm assuming changmin really likes swimming." m/n said, amused.

"i think it's an obsession to be honest.." sunwoo mumbled.

"guys!! come on!!!" changmin yelled after coming back up for air. they all exchanged excited glances as they began to undress and put their things down, joining their friend in the water.

after a while of swimming and games, eric realized that they had all gotten a bit separated. chanhee and sunwoo went back to the car to go get food to bring back for them all. changmin,  jacob, and juyeon had disappeared around the bend of the water, out of sight. he turned back to see m/n coming up from underwater, running his hands over his face and slicking his hair back. eric couldn't help but stare, especially with the water drops running down his face and chest. he swallowed the lump in his throat and quickly went underwater. curling up into a ball and holding his knees against his chest, he felt his hair drift in every direction as he sank lower and lower.

he was beginning to really see how much he still liked m/n, and now that the male broke things off with chanhee, he felt less guilty about his feelings. but was it still wrong? chanhee was his friend, but m/n was.. well, m/n. they had a past neither could forget or go by lightly.

eric's thoughts started to feel suffocating. he rose back up to the surface, letting air fill his lungs again as he wiped the water from his eyes. once they were open, all he saw was m/n. literally.

the taller had been waiting for him to come back up for air, their faces now barely inches apart. eric's whole body froze as his ears turned red. m/n up close was another sight. his e/c eyes, sculpted-by-the-gods facial features, and oh-so-kissable lips.

"hi.." eric said meekly. he was a bit surprised at himself. it took a lot to make his voice falter and feel weak- but if anyone could make it happen, it was m/n.

the taller chuckled at his shyness, moving a few stray strands of hair away from his eyes.

"hi, eric."

eric felt like he should be in a movie because of the way he was feeling right now. why did something as simple as the sound of his name coming from his crush make him go crazy? his heart was beating fast, too fast. his breaths became staggered as his eyes drifted to m/n's lips.

m/n couldn't say he wasn't going though the same right now. at first he just wanted it to be funny, but he now saw that getting this close to the other was something he very much wanted. but the overthinking side of him won out.

'eric might be uncomfortable.'

'i should ask before i kiss him.. if i kiss him.'