009

"you're telling me that after you came out to your parents, you worked your ass off to graduate from high school early just to move out and go to south korea?" eric asked shockingly. m/n swallowed the sip he had just taken of his drink as he nodded in response.

"the fuckers didn't support me, of course i got the hell out of there." he said with a light chuckle. eric sighed as he began to remember his friend's parents. they were very, let's just say, closed minded.

"anyways, i haven't asked what you do yet. did you ever pursue the music thing?" m/n asked, swirling the straw around in his drink.

"ah no, but i still love music, it's mainly a hobby now. i'm actually um.. a model."

m/n just looked at him, surprised.

"woah, seriously??"

"what, am i not good enough to be a model?"

"oh my god, no!! that's not what i meant!" m/n said frantically, making the other laugh at his sudden change in demeanor. "i just didn't know, but that's cool!"

"i know what you meant, m/n." eric chuckled lightly as m/n smiled with relief. the two were now caught in a moment of silence, their eyes locked, as if entranced by each other.

"y'know.. um," eric said as he cleared his throat, breaking the silence. "i used to daydream about you." m/n just looked at the shorter, touched. eric looked down in embarrassment, he hadn't ever told anyone how much he missed m/n after he moved when they were sixteen.

"you daydream of me? so like, voluntarily?"

"well, not anymore. but yeah, after i left i kind of struggled to make friends so whenever i felt lonely or sad i would think of you.. it always made me feel a lot better, but it still sucked since you weren't actually there. but then i met sangyeon! and he introduced me to the others and i guess i was kind of adopted into their friend group."

m/n watched eric smile at the memories playing in his head. he didn't think he'd ever heard something so sweet - it was making him feel all warm inside, which was somewhat of a foreign feeling to him. eric finally looked back up at the other, realizing what he'd said. a light blush covered his cheeks.

"s-sorry, that made me sound like a creep."

m/n furrowed his brows at this. he quickly took eric's hand in an effort to reassure him.

"no! no, that was actually pretty cute."

eric felt as if his heart was going to explode. a tinge of guilt tugged at him though - why was he feeling like this when he knew chanhee was interested in m/n? he couldn't let himself get in too deep. not again.