000.5

prologue

"changmin, i swear if you keep winking at me i will yeet you out of this damn bar." kevin said as he exhaled annoyedly. changmin and jaehyun just sat in the corner of their booth snickering together.

"hey man, he might just wanna take you home and get some ass, y'know?" juyeon said, taking a sip of his drink with a teasing smile. kevin and changmin exchanged disgusted looks as they shivered at the notion.

"you really did not have to put that image in my head."

the eleven friends were currently at a bar together, in a large booth near the back of the building. they had nights out like this about twice a month, as it was an easy way to catch up and spend time together despite their individual lives and schedules.

"guys.." chanhee said suddenly, his eyes locked on someone for afar. "that bartender is hella cute."

the others quickly turned their attention to the bartender, who was busily shuffling to and from. the others could almost see sparks in chanhee's eyes, and he didn't even know this guy. eric, however, was internally panicking.

"well shit.. almost sorry i didn't see him before you did. you should go talk to him!" jacob suggested. all of them were now eyeing the male as he served people their drinks.

"i should?"

"hell yeah! you haven't gotten any action in forever."

chanhee rolled his eyes, but jacob wasn't wrong. he took a deep breath and nodded in confidence before getting up from the table. the boys watched him in anticipation as he walked over and sat at the bar.

"um.. guys.." eric muttered, still looking at the bartender. they all looked back at their friend, seeing his troubled expression.

"what's wrong?"

eric stayed quiet for a moment before continuing.

"i.. i know him."

"what??"

eric nodded in confirmation, his eyes still on the male who was now talking to chanhee. the others looked at him confusedly as they waited for him to explain.

"we were best friends when we were younger.." he said, his voice trailing off. he watched chanhee's flirty side come out as he laughed at something the other said. eric didn't know how to feel about this at all.

"you mean he's from america?" haknyeon asked, eric only nodding in response. the group continued to watch chanhee with the male. seeing them hand each other their phones could only make them think that they were exchanging contact information.

"what's his name?"

"..m/n."