𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐑

TITLE: The Kingmaker

AUTHOR: @YouCanCallMeCorn

GENRE: High Fantasy

Title: 4/5

Your title does suit your story very well and conveys the whole plot in basically two words. It's short and sweet, I like it.

But let's talk about originality. Your title is a pretty common one. I did a quick Wattpad search and around four hundred books (of course many of them were variations of 'the kingmaker') popped up and on the first scroll itself I could see five to six books titled the same. Your book was not one of them.

I really like the title and it makes a lot of sense so not a lot of marks are being deducted.

Cover: 5/5

I'm genuinely in love with your cover. It was so pretty. The small details are everything! Your cover sets the mood for the book, and it matches with the theme of your story. The fonts used are easy to read. Overall, your cover is pretty good.

So why is one point being deducted? Your cover unfortunately is missing one of the key elements of a book cover, the author's name.

Apart from that minor mistake your cover is amazing.

Edit: Apparently, the author's name was there, and I was too dumb to realize that that was her name. So, there is no problem with the cover.

Blurb: 4.5/5

While your blurb is longer than most good blurbs but that's doable as its still gives just enough information and creates a lot of suspense.

While reading your blurb I definitely enjoyed how the characters were described. Your blurb definitely left the readers wanting to know more.

Just a small tip, like how you added a small line of asterisks between the initial blurb and the character introduction you could also add one after the character introduction to differentiate between the character introduction and cover and banner credits so as not to confuse the readers.

Plot: 9/10

Reading the first chapter alone I could see that you already had a well thought out plot. The story was paced perfectly, and I love how you weren't forcing anything throughout the story. While reading it I was indeed amazed how you built up this world from scratch. The execution of the plot and your writing was indeed what made your story so extraordinary.

Okay putting that aside, let's talk about tropes. Your story had a few overused tropes. But if you write it properly there will be no problem. Just make sure to keep the reader on the edge of their seats the whole time.

Characters: 10 /10

One of the most important things to have in a story is a character's inner conflict, motivation and fear. Good for you, your book has them all. Your portrayal of characters is much prettier than many other authors. I was hooked by the smooth, flowing descriptions. The dialogues are well conveyed and realistic. The action scenes, romance scenes, in general your whole story was wonderfully written. Your characters had well-established personalities and I genuinely enjoyed reading about each of them. I liked the dynamic between the main characters. Even your side characters are portrayed exceptionally well.

Grammar: 5/5

Honestly, apart from a once in seven chapters minor mistake your grammar is perfect. It can be seen that you proofread each of your chapters before publishing it and that is an amazing habit. Keep it up!!

Overall enjoyment: 10/10

Overall, an amazing book. I loved your writing style, and again, I must gush about how stunning your descriptions are. I'm in love.

Is it a book I'd pick up and read in my spare time? Absolutely. Every chapter was a basket of intrigue. Your first chapter acted as a gorgeous start. I love a good fantasy with excellent world building, and you really delivered on that part.

I'm surprised that this was your first book, and it had such brilliant world building and perfect grammar. You're at a level which is almost impossible to reach.

Total: 47.5 /50

I hope this review helps you in any way possible. I did my best and if in any way it is unsatisfactory, please let me know. All that I mentioned above was constructive criticism, and I didn't intend to offend or hurt you in any way. I am definitely going to continue reading your book and highly recommend others to check it out.

Feel free to contact me if you have any doubts, or if I haven't covered anything properly. Thank you, and all the best!!

Please leave a comment to let me know that you have seen this review.