Fixation ✘ E L L E magazine

August 2022

Khloé Kardashian Fatu Talks Motherhood, Style, and Why Pink is Red Hot for Fall

KoKo claims her own stake in #Barbiecore with Good American's new capsule collection.

The Kardashian-Jenner clan is always at the forefront of trends. Whether it's Kylie's lip kits, Kim's live-in loungewear, or Kourtney's punk romance, whatever this family does, the rest of the world watches, wanting in on the action. And who could blame us? Everything they do turns to gold. Or, in this case, pink.

As of today, you can get in on the latest and greatest from Khloé's clothing brand, Good American, by shopping the Pop Off Pink collection. The capsule line re-imagines many of the label's beloved inclusive styles in a hot pink hue. While it seems at first like an opportune decision timed perfectly with the meteoric (read: inescapable) rise of #Barbiecore, the youngest Kardashian sister may have actually trend forecasted this long before shades of rose and salmon hit your FYP....

After welcoming twin boys at the beginning of the year, Khloe Kardashian Fatu shocked the world when the news broke that she and her husband were welcoming a fifth baby conceived via surrogate, just before he was born.

We chatted with Khloé to catch up on family, fashion-and why she was way ahead of the pink trend.

I'd ask you about fall fashion trends, but it's obviously all about pink, as evidenced by the new collection. What are your thoughts on the Barbiecore boom?

I'm super, super excited that Barbiecore is a thing and that pink is everywhere. I'm a fan of the color. It adds vibrancy and life to the normally all-black wardrobe people gravitate to in the fall. Don't get me wrong, I love black as a core staple, but having a pop of pink here and there is fun. It's such an Elle Woods thing to say, but it really does make you happy! I'd say it speaks to my soul.

Do you have any tips for pulling off the trend tastefully?

I love the all-pink look, but it can get overwhelming if you're not comfortable going full Barbie girl, so you can do a pop of pink if you want to be a little trendy but aren't comfortable going head-to-toe. You can mix and match, or you could be all monochromatic. There are no rules in fashion-and that's the great part about fashion-but there are no rules with pink.

When most people hear "fall collection," they don't think hot pink. What was the inspiration behind the Pop Off Pink line and the decision to go full fuchsia with it? Were you motivated by Barbiecore?

I think people think, like, we thought about it two months ago, and now it's in. We thought of this about a year ago. Then when we started seeing everything else coming into play, I was like, "Yes! Okay, we're on the right page." It just happened; it was very serendipitous, but I've always been a big fan of pink. We offer the staples in black, as well, but I just wanted a little pink out there. We have such great silhouettes that we know are home runs, so I just wanted a pop. I wanted to see a pop in retail stores as well as in my own closet. I think it's eye-catching, it's fun, and why not?