Prologue:

Conquered, Acquired, Honored.

A millennium of bloodline that brought a country into a Kingdom that started with a simple symbol of love, peace, human rights, freedom and solidarity – The House of Yi was enthroned as the House of the royal family it was later then transcribed as – Royal House of Lee. But within the love of the royal family to its people. There had been numerous wars, fighting for the throne, and subduing conquerors. And there are those who oppose changes, they believe tradition and continuity is the essence of a great influence.

Assinassination, reigns after reigns, consorts widowed, and regency falls into the hands of the devil. But those who are in the throne, whose hearts are for the people believe that to continue the dynasty, is on the line for the people they serve.

And as time goes by, the modern era begins, freedom and democracy arises, many royal families have perished and revolution started in many monarchical countries, that the great korean people started to change their views to the royal families.

Until the House of Lee found an alternative way to gain the loyalty of the common people, from the constant growth and changes of eras, they embraced them with all arms but traditions remain the same, and most of them glories, thy name.

The House of Lee believes love is the most beautiful power of all, Sejong "The Great", made them believe that if you love someone, you should fight for them even if it costs them their lives. It is so sacred, that he passed a law for the monarchy that those who married with the sacred oil shall never be broken apart.

And that breaks her heart completely, as she watched them in felicity.

The reason she's suffering is because of that sacred law of the royal family.

Her glaring eyes stare into a beautiful woman crying over the ring that she refuses to have but has been wanting the most, the sapphire that she ran away from because she is destined to be an emerald.

It could have been her, the one smiling so carefree.

It could have been her, having a leap of heart, a gasp of excitement as he knelt on the ground smiling so sweetly, proposing a lifetime commitment.

It could have been her, taking his hand, saying yes to a beautiful and kind man, who slid a sapphire gem ring on her ring finger.

If only she was her, if only she didn't refuse him to kneel and run away. If only she wasn't a coward, if only she continued her aspiration and left the nest.

If only she was her, she could have been the happiest woman on the planet.

But in the end, she wasn't the one he's carrying back inside his Palace, after that tainted woman she despises now more than ever, owns the ring she dreamt of having.

She turned around with a heavy heart, the happiness they had was the ravage of her life, and finally as their voices disappeared, she stepped backward. She can only cry and yell in the corner as their laughter echoes in her mind, and goes back to where she choses with a broken heart.

Her prison, where she is locked down for eternity.

"Your Majesty, Queen Regent," A woman who her father brought inside the Palace curtseyed on her. She may look like a plain lady in waiting who is loyal to her, if not only she knows she's hired by her father to look after her, to guard her, watch her every move, see if she breaks any more rules.

"I thought I told you to go home for today, Ahn Ri.." Ji Eun handed over her purse.

But instead of answering the Queen's question, she averted her eyes, "Your father is here, Your Majesty,"