Chapter 2

-At Seika High-

"Hey guys have you heard about the rumors?"

"What?"

"About another deity appearing!"

"Oh yeah! I heard that!"

"I hope it's another cute guy."

"No one can replace Kazuhiro-sama in my heart!"

"No, Moriku-kun is the best!"

"My sweet Haruo for the win."

"Chihiro-sama all the way! Girl power!!!!"

"Rea-"

"Guys! Shhhh! The nerd is coming this way. Don't look at her or you'll get her ugliness. Ugh."

"Look!"

"She's coming!"

"Hide!"

And the murmurs go on and on as they fade into Mizuno Byakuren's head. A.k.a the school's ugly nerd. No one really cared to know her full name so they just called her names which were somewhat offensive and a little off. But Byakuren could careless. She would simply shrug them off and continue walking to their classroom. After all, all her classmates cared about and do most of their time was, 'gossip' about this so called 'Forgotten deity.' As she sat on her seat on the far back, she removed her glasses and started wiping them.

"I should get new ones," She murmured to herself.

Even though her classmates treated her like a nerd (when she wasn't even one to begin with) and an outcast, she just went with the flow and dealt with it. In fact, she was thankful because she hated too much attention. Sure she may be quiet but she's very cheerful when you get to know her. And her glasses..Well they're just a 'tool' used to hide her eyes. Which were silver by the way....And 'unnatural', especially for a 16 years old.

As she adjusted her messy black hair and tied it into a loose ponytail, she heard her classmates snicker at her from the door.

"Look! The nerd is trying to look pretty."

"Hah! How can she be pretty when she was born ugly?"

Byakuren lowered her gaze and looked outside the window.

"Well, sorry if I'm ugly." She muttered to herself as her classmates went to tell the others what they saw.

KKKKKKKKKRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

And the bell went off, signaling for first period. Byakuren wore her glasses back on and stared at the window like she usually does, ignoring the clatters and ruckus made by her 'classmates.'

"Okay class, open your books on page 120," The teacher said as she obliged silently while her classmates released a groan. Now it's time to start the day with......Math.

Lunch

The morning ended in a blur for the silver-eyed teen which she was thankful for. She cleaned her desk and proceeded on getting her bento box from her bag.

"Thank you Kami-sama!" She heard her classmate exclaim as they all exited the room, leaving her all alone..again.

She gave a sigh and continued eating her lunch in silence. Once she was done, she put her bento box in her bag lied her head on her desk.

"It's hasn't even been 15 minutes yet....What should I do?" And an idea popped in her head. Silently, she looked around for any signs of people. And when she was sure there was no one, she smiled.

"Fire Deity: I command thee, burn." She spoke softly as she pointed at a leaf on the ground. Instantly, the same leaf burned and turned into ash immediately in a blink of an eye.

"Cool~" She whispered, "What else should I do?"

And another idea popped into her head. She propped her head on her hand and let her other arm fall back on her desk.

"Fire Deity: I command thee, dance," She commanded as she put her hand in front of her and gently opened it.

A mixture of silver and red flames flickered on her palm as if they were dancing. Byakuren stared in awe and amazement as she relaxed on her seat until-

BAM!

She jolted at the sudden sound as the flames on her palm disappeared.

"Attention students! Please evacuate to school grounds right now! A monster has attacked! I repeat, students please evacuate to the school grounds now!" The speaker announced frantically.

Byakuren's mind started to panic as she grabbed her bag and ran outside. As she was about to exit the crumbling building, something (or someone) fell on her (hard) making her fall flat on her face.

"O-ouch.."

"I'm so sorry miss! Are you okay?" The stranger asked as he hoisted Byakuren up.

"Y-yeah. I think so." She managed to reply as she stared at the person who landed on her. He had indigo hair and dark blue eyes with...wings? With a weird glowing blue-ish tattoo on his right eye? What the heck?

"I'm sorry about landing on you miss but I think you should get out of here now," The stranger suggested, snapping Byakuren back to reality.

She nodded at the man but when she turned around, he grabbed her arm.

"Wait! I take it back. It's too dangerous. Let me take you outside." He said as he carried her bridal style and jumped on the falling debris, finding a way outside. Byakuren, on the other hand, squeaked in surprise as she clung on the stranger's neck.

'I don't wanna die! I don't wanna die!' She chanted, squeezing her eye shut.

Finally when the stranger arrived outside the building, he gently put her down.

"T-thank you.." She breathed.

"No problem! Now I gotta go help the others. By the way, nice eyes! See ya!" He complemented and started leaping towards the building with his sword in hand.

The teen blushed at his comment before shaking it off and running to where the others were.

"I forgot to ask for his name didn't I?......Maybe he was one of those 'deities?'" She asked herself as she continued to run. Minutes later, she arrived to where the other students were gathered and she smiled in relief.

"Oh well, no one would notice an ugly girl like me, would they?"