Chapter 36- The Curse

They were all seated in the living room that morning, they could see from the windows that the weather was dull and wet but there was a little ray of sunshine in the clouds.

The night before was hell for the family, they had experienced something they'd never even dreamt about. They had lost a family member; and though he was old, he didn't die a peaceful death and this pained Amelia greatly, she had always wanted that for her Father. Well at least he got to live a peaceful life, and he saw his grandkids which he had come to love very much.

William was so worried about how he would get his family out of this nightmare, at this time he wished he was hallucinating; unfortunately, he wasn't! This was as real as it could be and everyone knew it!

"I can recall your father telling me about his past a few times, he had lovely memories that he was greatly fond of and whenever he told the stories, he always had a smile on his face. But there was just one story he would tell with all seriousness and with a great sadness on his face", Mrs Johnson began, she looked around the room, to confirm if her listeners were still paying attention.

"He continued to say that a very long time ago when he was twenty years and his dad was much older, and at the time his father was also terminally ill. On his sick bed he called your Grandfather and told him that he had done something terrible a few years ago", she adjusted herself on the chair and swallowed dryly.

"He asked for your Grandfather's forgiveness for what he had done. His father told him that he was the one who killed his mother but it was by accident. That night they had being arguing when he lost his temper and slapped her on the face really hard, the woman lost her balance which made her fall to the ground with a great force and she hit her head on the wooden table in the living room. Her head began to bleed and by the time he had realized how hard he hit her, she was dead! He had become a murderer. Grandfather was too scared to tell the world about his wife, he was sure he would go to jail for it, so he panicked then he buried her at night in his very own backyard of this very mansion!" She added.

"So your grandfather was a murderer– well that's awesome!" Uncle Millie put in a little joke— trying to lighten you the mood.

"Shhhsshhh!!!" Everyone hushed down Millie and he kept quiet in shame.

"He went further to say that ever since the day he had killed his wife; your Grandmother, her ghost never stopped to haunt him and the mansion and everyone else who lived in it. She wants revenge and she wanted him dead just as he had killed her. And on every fiftieth year, she would come to haunt the mansion and everyone in it!"

"So today makes it another fifty years!" William nodded.

"Whoa this is creepy!" Joe added.

"So we just have to find a way to speak with her ghost and set her to rest!" Viola chipped in.

"Easier said than done!" Millie shook his head.

"Mummy is the ghost going to kill us?" Chubby asked with fear in his voice.

"No sweetie, she's not gonna kill us!" Olivia tried to calm the child with her words.

"So how do we send the ghost away?!" Monica asked.

The room went silent as they all tried to find the pieces of the puzzle set before them.