Chapter 30- May

Winter had come and gone, the winds were cool now. Breezy days had come again just like every other year. Mermaid street looked beautiful as ever and winds crept around the streets like a ghost, it made the windows slam against its frames.

The sun was in the sky behind clouds, but one could still feel its impact on the skin, the mixture of the sun and the cool winds made the air feel fresh and accommodating to the skin. People could boldly leave their homes for a walk or a stroll, they could also go to beach and the parks.

There would be few times when it would rain a little but it was way better than snow.

**********

It was another beautiful morning in May and just like every other day in the mansion, William was the first to wake up. He would get up from his side of the bed at 6:00 am, he would go to the bathroom to brush his teeth and freshen up his face, then he would take off his pajamas and put on a shirt and a pair of joggers, he would throw on a navy blue sweat shirt with a zipper and put on his black digital wristwatch.

William always went out for a run every morning, it was one habit that he had decided to stick with even as a polygamous family man.

He was set for his morning run and all that was left were his shoes. He always tried to ensure he was silent as possible when he dressed up for his run; so as not to wake up his wife in bed and others in their rooms, but today his legs had failed him as he tried to slip his feet into a sports black canvas— he struggled to put on the other shoe on his left leg but it seemed like it was stuck, the shoe proved stubborn to his push and pull he gritted his teeth and grunted silently, but the shoe just wouldn't budge— it had become too tight for his comfort, he hadn't worn this shoe for some time now, he always preferred the white one, but today William had decided to pick up the black and it turned to be a disappointment.

Uhh! Uhh! William grunted and complained silently as he continued to force the shoe on his foot; standing on one leg while the other leg was bent over on his knee.

He couldn't stand on one leg anymore and neither was he ready to stop putting on the stubborn shoe, finally the leg shook with imbalance and it made him fall on his side with a thud!

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Amelia laughed as she raised herself from the bed.

"Oh so you're laughing at me?" William replied with a little shame.

"Yeah, I've been watching you, why won't you just let the shoe be! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!" She laughed again.

"Oh well I'm dumping it in the trash that's for sure!" He threw the shoe at the wardrobe in the room and raised himself from the floor.

"Come here you, kiss me!" Amelia opened her arms towards Will as an invitation, he moved to her side and fell into her arms hugging her tightly.

"Good morning my love", he whispered in her ear.

"Mmm good morning!" She smiled to his face and William kissed her deeply.

"I gotta go for my run, I don't have much time".

"Alright!" She released him and watched him as he walked away to the wardrobe again, this time he picked up the white canvas and wore it easily.

"Hey babe before I forget, I was thinking– ", she paused. "Why don't we go to an art gallery tomorrow, it'd be nice! I've never been to an art gallery and I'd love to. What do you think babe?"

"My love, you know I'll be really busy at work this month", William answered while standing over her. "I'd love to go with you but you could go with the others I'm sure they'd be happy to, if I'm able to get off work early tomorrow I'll join you!" He kissed her lightly on her cheek.

"Yeah! Awwwn I'd really love for you to be there". She made a sad face with pursed lips.

"I know!" He nodded with a whisper. "I'm off!"

William left the room and jogged down the stairs to the large hall and soon he was out of the house into the cobbled street.