Chapter 23- Euphoria

Joe stood up and this time Viola began to study his features with a hidden smile. She noticed that Joe wore a white T–shirt which emphasized his chest and arm muscles, he wore a hugging black jean trouser and he stood inside a white pair of sneakers. His low cut hair and clean shave made him look so handsome, his dark skin shone under the luminescence of the lamps in the room.

Viola stood there daydreaming and being swept away by Joe's charms, her hearing was deaf to the outside world— all she could see was Joe in slow motion, background lights and wind blowing, he was a fairytale!

"Wooow!" She whispered— actually she thought she did but it turned out to be a loud whisper.

Everyone turned their heads and placed their eyes on the daydreaming lady.

"What are you wowing about V?" Amelia asked the question in everyone's mind.

Viola winced and clicked her tongue then readjusted her body uncomfortably, "Me? Oh it's nothing, don't mind me", she laughed nervously.

"So what do you think V?" Olivia asked.

"Huh?" She widened her eyes, causing her forehead to wrinkle a little, "A– about what?!"

"Oh so you've been standing there unmindful of what we've been saying?!" William put in.

"Uh– I guess so?" She gritted her teeth and chuckled, "I'm sorry guys, I wasn't listening".

"I said I've come back to stay", Joe quickly added. "And I apologize for leaving so rudely and for not coming around since then".

"Come on Joe, you have nothing to apologize for. It's us who should apologize, we were wrong!" Viola responded with a smile and hugged Joe tightly.

And in that split second, Joe could see Viola like a fairy tale princess hugging him in slow motion, her perfume filled the air with romance— he knew at once that she was wearing one of Calvin Klein's perfume, Euphoria!

Her honey blonde hair brushed against his face and welcomed him with another heavenly hair fragrance. He noticed that the lilac dress she wore emphasized her curves perfectly, she was graceful and perfect!

"I'm glad you're back Joe!" Viola added.

Joe stood there smiling, all he could see was Viola in slow motion swinging her lustrous hair as the invisible wind blew, background lights making her even more radiant.

Joe nodded, "Uh– I'm glad to be back". He replied slowly. Everyone laughed.

"Where are your bags?!" Another voice came from behind them, everyone turned their attention to the sudden speaker.

"Uh– heyy Grandma!" Joe ran to meet her on the staircase where she stood.

"Hi Joe, I just woke up, I couldn't sleep with all the chatter going on in here eh!" Mrs Johnson chuckled. She hugged him, "It's good to see you Doc".

"Likewise ma'am!" Joe helped her down the stairs.

"So where are your bags?"

"They're in the car".

"Oh alright", she tucked in her silver gray hair into the right spot.

Though she had become aged, Mrs Johnson was still a beautiful woman— full of grace and poise. Her white skin was slightly wrinkled yet it was radiant, and the blue gown she wore, announced her beauty in the room. She was Johnny's Queen!

"Oh it's starting to get cold in here, ain't it?"

"Yes! Winter's fast approaching and it is November after all". Olivia went over to her side and held her warmly.

"Will, why don't we help Joe with his bags?"

"I'll go!" Uncle Millie opted.

"Thanks Millie, I'll come with", Joe followed him outside.

"And I'll put on the heater on". Monica announced.

"It's time to prepare dinner, come on Olivia let's go", Amelia took Olivia by the hand and both of them walked to the kitchen giggling.

"So what are we cooking?" Olivia asked.

"Oh I don't know let's get to the kitchen".

"Yay dinner!" The kids chorused excitedly, they all ran upstairs to their rooms. Each child had a personal room, and there was also a general play room for them— where the toys are kept.

Audrey remained behind, she had decided to spend the rest of the day with her Grandmother. The two ladies walked hand in hand up to Grandma's room.

The large hall was left empty again with the chandelier— its only companion.