No More Silence Please

"Do you need me to get anything for you? You can just stay in my room." The girl questioned her friend. He was laying on her bed, his eyes empty. His face was getting numb by the minute. 'Seems like he's really sick. Maybe mom has a healing spell written in her book. I need to ask for it though.' She left the room to go ask her mother. Her mother was in the common room, chattering with her new gossip friends. 

"Umm, mom? Do you have that healing spell in your spellbook?" The young one's voice catches attention from the room. While her mother was helping her look for the book, others were whispering to each other. 

'That's Donnie's girl?'  'She seems nice.'   'She knows magic?'   'She was my student.' 

Leonardo stood up first and introduced himself to the young lady. He started babbling about his status in the family and introducing some of them as well. The young girl intended to just get the book and go, but it would be rude to ignore a guest. He kept chatting and talking, it was slowly turning to a monologue with just him talking. But he had a question in mind. 

"Hey there, so you uh........ Donnie's girlfriend?" Leonardo just blatantly chatted. Y/N froze in place, her face burning red. 'I think I've got a fever now.' Y/N thought to herself. His words strikingly disturbed her. Is she his girlfriend? I mean, are they that close? Are they just friends? Does Donnie think that way? You couldn't be sure of anything, so you answered what you know. It's not something you'd wish to set on stone. 

"U-uh, sorry you must've gotten it all wrong. I'm not, not that close to Donatello." You hoped differently though, you hope at least your friendship goes somewhere. You didn't just want to be friends. Are you even friends? What are you thinking, of course you are. You called each other all the times the past two months, but it was always you starting the calls. Did he just not find you interesting enough? The thoughts just keep coming, but you can't let it ruin the only fire you have left. You took the spellbook and excused yourself. 

Eyes were on blue as you left with worried eyes. He just shrugged, saying he didn't do anything. He was gonna get lectures from four of his family members, along with two adult friends. 

You got back upstairs, in front of your room. You contemplated your thoughts for a while. After all, they could be right or wrong. It's a 50/50 chance. You could never be sure. You don't know how long your mind kept you occupied. But you just randomly snapped out of it. You lift your hand to the handle, about to push it open. But it swung backwards itself, revealing your friend in purple. His face shifted from shocked to relieved in seconds. 

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought you were gonna get caught up down there." He stepped aside to give her an entrance passage. Y/N walked inside and asked him how he's feeling. 

"A little better now that you're here."

"Wait, no I meant. What-umm. Uh, did my brothers bother you?" The second sentence worded much louder and faster than the first, silencing the first words he said. Y/N thought nothing of it, but it did discourage her a little bit. She decided to play it cool, she wouldn't know. 

"Well, there is a blue bandana-wearing one. He asked me a very personal question." 

"Oh, that's Leonardo. Don't listen to him, what comes out of his mouth is usually bullshit." Y/N nods to his words. That question wasn't really bullshit, but the aftermath kinda was. These thoughts are bullshit, and she doesn't have to worry about it. She can't control people's emotions. Nor can she control her own, really. 

"What did he ask?" Purple asked her, her head slowly lowering down. Does she tell him? Does she not? How would he react? She doesn't want to talk about it at the moment and her brain is not helping at all. Out of her frustration and flusteration, she spat it out. 

"He asked if I was your girlfriend." After saying it did Y/N noticed just what she did. Her face burns up as she tries to cover it with her hands, embarrassed of what she just said. But unbeknownst to her, the turtle was also burning up. Never more in his life did he want Leo to suffer. Now he's plotting on how to torture his brother. Burning his skateboard? Throwing his action figures? Or just actual physical torture? His gears were turning for all the wrong reasons. 

But a small voice caught his attention, so small that he wouldn't have noticed it if he was thinking more. The voice asked him 'Am I though?' That made him burn up even more. The room was filled with silence, tension rising every now and then. The two wouldn't talk like they normally would, because they just don't know what to say. Who even knows what to say in this type of situation? 

Y/N was sitting on one side of the bed, and Donatello on the other. They were looking in the opposite directions.They just allowed time to pass, till a knock erupted from the door. "Honey, come see your friend off. His family is calling him." Your father's voice echoes. You moved out from your position and opened the door. Your pupils dilate as you see everyone on the other side. After seeing you, all of them went running, fumbling against each other. 'What was that?!' You thought to yourself. 

"Sorry about that dear, are you ok?" Your father pats your head, you nodded in reply. Donatello stood up from the bed and passed you and your father. You didn't want him to leave without saying goodbye, and if you don't say anything to him, this silent treatment situation will last forever. So you ran after him downstairs. Right before he opens the front door, you hold his hand. 

"He-hey. Don't think about the question too hard." Your head was hanging low, in all honesty you don't want to think about it all. But you know you're gonna think about it for a long time. "Any, anyways. See ya later then. Stay safe." Such a bad transition to a goodbye, but could you do any better? 

You released your grip, expecting him to leave. But he just stood there. Out of nowhere he placed his face besides your. The distance between the both of you is almost nonexistent. His soft voice whispers, "Are you willing to try?". You can't tell if it was desperation or confusion that answered, but you said yes. Silently of course, you're still in shock. He moved back, and continued, "Then I'll text you the place. I have to go. See you later." He left after his sentence. 

Was it just me or did he sound cooler? Or hotter? His composure was there. But that left you with more than enough confusion to last eternities.