Chapter 16: Monster's Den

Start from the beginning

Aiden rubbed his temples as his frustration grew.

"I am only asking to know my benefactor's name, to think I've been stressing out here to figure out ways to repair Aspen when I get back and here this investor came a step ahead of me. They even provide us with many products. I need to know who it is..." (Aiden, said)

'In a way, I'm glad that Aspen is at its best state by what Henry sends me. That should be one thing less to worry about.' (Aiden's inner thoughts)

"They must be an Angle" (Gohem, said)

Gohem the ex-captain, said as he overheard the conversation as he entered Aiden's tent with a letter. 

"I greet your highness." (Gohem, said)

Gohem  at age 48.

"I just received a report from Henry." (Gohem, said)

Gohem said nervously.

Aiden noticed Gohem's unusual attitude.

"Report." (Aiden, said)

"Ahem...well it says that the princess started to go out for a while an-" (Gohem, said)

Aiden interrupted the nervous Gohem.

"She has been going out for a while? Why am I just being reported about this matter now and not sooner?" (Aiden, asked)

"Well your highness you see Henry used to think it didn't matter as long as she stayed within the castle walls. But it has become quite troublesome for Henry."(Gohem, said)

Aiden frowned in dissatisfaction.

"Tell me what that troublesome princess did that could be so bad." (Aiden, said)

'I doubt all she could do was yell at a maid, she is quite arrogant but I don't thin-(Aiden's inner thoughts)

"At first the princess received a letter from the same investor that has helped us and Aspen. So the princess followed their instructions and due to that, the princess did a great job. She fixed the situation with both the castle workers and knights regarding working conditions, pay, vacation, and clothing. Along with fixing problems with the workers she also fixated the Aspen Castle both exterior and Interior with 'D' investor support then-" (Gohem, said)

Gohem  was interrupted by Aiden again.

"So you're saying that investor 'D' also reached out to her?" (Aiden, asked)

Aiden asked calmly.

"Yes it seems so." (Gohem, said)

'I didn't think investor D was going to reach out to her but that's not bad so what's the problem?' (Aiden's inner thoughts)

"Then what troublesome thing did she do that made Henry report? The castle is both mine and hers. So what is wrong with fixing the castle?" (Aiden, asked)

'Is Henry upset that the princess fixed the castle?' (Aiden's inner thoughts)

"No, that's not the main issue, your highness." (Gohem, said)

'Gulp' (Gohem)

' I don't know the prince's heart but whenever the name of the princess is mentioned his personality suddenly becomes unpredictable...to say the least, he turns crazy.' (Gohem's inner thoughts)

'The problem is that Henry didn't brother to even report of certain things till now.' (Gohem's inner thoughts)

"Well, let me begin with the start of the report that Henry has originally suppose to repot and-" (Gohem, said)