,,-Chapter 11- ,,

Y/n's POV

After 15 minutes of traffic on the way to work, we finally arrived. Jeonghan offered to drop me off at the hospital because it was my first day, and although I wanted to just book a cab to work, he insisted. I couldn't refuse because I liked him and he was still courting me. I haven't been thinking about the breakup since Jeonghan. He's healing me from all that pain. But I don't think I'm ready to love or say 'I love you' to him. I want to say it at the right time.

"This is my stop now. Thanks for the ride; by the way, I appreciate it. Goodbye!" I said to him as I exited his car.

"Wait, enjoy your first day of work! Goodbye! I'll come to pick you up later."

"Also, I'm SO SORRY FOR YESTERDAY! I didn't mean to walk in on you," he said with a stuttered voice and awkward tone, which made me smile at how quickly he became flustered.

"No, it's fine! And no need! I'll just take a cab home; I'm sure you guys will be busy," I assured him. I waved goodbye to him as I entered the hospital.

I walked in, and it was a huge hospital! It was four times bigger than the hospital in Daegu, which made me amazed and excited. Then I went to the front desk to ask where to go because the place was huge and I'd get lost there. I asked the front, and they guided me to the locker room to change into my uniform, put down my stuff, and begin to work. I changed into my uniform, and honestly, I felt proud of myself. I found a nice workflow and began to work hard. I was under the department of gynecology, as I was under the aid of Doctor Ryu. It was hard at first, but I was helping patients and doctors, and it felt nice.

I was arranging the medicines in order in my department, and then suddenly I was needed at the front desk because the nurse assigned there went on break to pick up her daughter from school. It was already break time, but I took some time to organize some things before eating lunch. I rushed, and it was the girl Min-hyun was cheating on me with. His first love, Ko Ha-yul. Back in college, she was the campus sweetheart; everyone loved her as she was rich, pretty, and smart. She had everything.

I was speechless. I moved on, but I felt like my heart sank.

"Good afternoon! May I help you?" I greeted her professionally. My heart was racing; I didn't know what to do. Maybe I felt betrayed, but I moved on, didn't I? But why does it seem like it still hurts?

"OMG! Y/N!" She exclaimed as she walked over near me to hug me. I was shocked and confused but went with the flow and hugged her back.

"I didn't know you work here?! How have you been? It has been ages! I thought you went back to Daegu after the 'incident'" she asked, as I was taken aback by her sudden question. I was slightly offended that she thought I went back home to Daegu after the breakup, but I had to be mature and handle this situation maturely.

"I'm living in Seoul now; I just moved in last month. I also resigned from the hospital in Daegu and got recommended here by my old supervisor. So what brings you here?" I responded to her question quickly as I already wanted to take my break.

"Oh! Good for you. Well, I'm looking for Doctor Ryu. I'm here for my monthly checkup. I'm pregnant! Min-hyun was busy with work, so I was here all alone with my bodyguards. I would like to invite you to our wedding! It's on September 23!" She said as I was shocked by her invitation. I was aghast. She was pregnant and about to get married. She got her happy ending. Her life is going her way.

"Come with me; Doctor Ryu just finished with her patient!" I said, avoiding the fact that she invited me to her wedding. I guided her to Doctor Ryu's office, and Doc began to check her belly.

"Wow! Your baby looks pretty healthy, just keep taking the maintenance medicine for the next 6 months" Doctor Ryu said. I thought to myself if she's taking medicine for the next 6 months that means she's 3 months pregnant. 3 months pregnant? So that means, Min-Hyun's been cheating on me since then, even when we were together. I felt a lump in my throat. I whispered to Doctor Ryu I had to take my break and I left the room. I went to the break room and brought a snack from the vending machine while processing everything. Then my co-worker, Mrs. Yoon Sun-hye, came back from her break. "Hey! Slow down eating your sandwich! What's your problem?" She greeted me, followed by a question. "Oh, hi! Nothing, just stressed with life." I lied; I didn't want to tell her while Han-yul was in the other room. She might hear me ranting! "Okay fine."

Then Ha-yul went out to chat with Doctor Ryu and went over to me. "I'll get going, Y/N! Hey, congrats on the job!" She bid goodbye to me, but I went after her. "Ha-yul, I'll see you at your wedding! Congrats also on your baby! Bye!" I said my farewell.

I cleaned up the mess on my desk and began to continue my work, I was still processing everything. This is crazy. I would've never imagined this. So Min-hyun was dating her before we even met?! And he got her pregnant. God, this is not the first day I was hoping for. I'm connecting all the dots now, I never expected this. I had a lingering feeling. How come I didn't know? 

I was the other woman.