Mairin Explains What She Knows Now

Just after Yvonne ran off, Kimberly came out to where they all were.

Kimberly: Was that Yvonne just now, dear?

Raymond: Yes, it was, honey. She was hiding from her sister, Evangeline.

Kimberly: Again? When is that Evangeline going to realize that she has to accept the responsibility of being an older sister? Well, I thought it was a bit too quiet to be normal around here, anyway. An argument between Evangeline and Yvonne is sure to liven things up for the both of them in addition to us.

Alain: So, exactly who are those girls?

Just at the very moment he had asked his question, mysterious voice from behind them answered Alain's question about the sisters, Evangeline and Yvonne.

Mysterious voice: They're sisters from the next block of houses over. They're a lot like cousins to me. Evangeline is the older sister, and her younger sister is named Yvonne. They're always getting into arguments whenever Yvonne borrows Evangeline's things without her permission, but Yvonne always gives Evangeline her stuff back, anyways. By then, Evangeline always forgets that Yvonne ever even took any of it without permission.

Alain: I was already aware of those girls' names, but thank you, anyway, for telling me about their sisterly relationship. Now their fighting makes perfect sense at least, Mairin.

Suddenly, Alain realized just who he was talking when expressing gratitude.

Alain (continued): MAIRIN?!

Mairin had finally come out of the beach house after her first ever argument with her friend, Alain. Alain was happy to see Mairin out and about and more cheerful than ever, but underneath that, Mairin still secretly seethed with anger towards Alain.

Mairin then decided to let her anger show when it was obvious that Alain thought he was going to be forgiven as easily as he had been in the past. She kept a cheerful smile on her face to instill false confidence in him as he tried to go in for at least a handshake.

Mairin: Don't touch me, Alain. I'm still as mad at you as ever for using the truth about my life as ammunition in our argument.

Alain got the message loud and clear and stopped his attempt for at least hand touching. He was going to have to actually apologize to Mairin, this time.

Alain: I get that you're angry with me, Mairin, and you have every right to be mad at me, and I deserve it, I know that. I don't need to be reminded of what I said to you in our argument, but at least let me apologize for it.

Alain fell to his knees as if he were now practically begging for Mairin's forgiveness. He really could not handle her being angry with him like this. It reminded him far too much of the time he let Chespie fall into a coma when he worked for the infamous Lysander and Team Flare.

Alain (continued): Please, Mairin, I can't handle the guilt. If I can't apologize soon, I think I might actually take my own life out of the guilt.

Alain was now slamming his own hand into the sand on the beach. Mairin pondered Alain's actions along with what he said about the guilt he felt, and so did her 'aunt'/mother and 'uncle'/father.

Mairin: My aunt, I mean my mom, told me everything while I was inside the beach house. I can see why it wasn't an easy thing for them to admit to. I'll forgive my real parents for their sake, but I'll only forgive you for the sake of the professor and all of the other lab staff.