A Little Girl's Crush on a Teenage Boy

Just after her elder sister, Evangeline, had left to look some more for her younger sister, Yvonne came out of the hibiscus bush just enough to thank Raymond for covering for her.

Yvonne: Thanks, Uncle Raymond. I promise I'll return these earrings back to Evangeline as soon as I'm done wearing them.

Then, Yvonne noticed Alain and started blushing upon noticing him.

Yvonne: H-h-hi, who are you and what's your name, sir?

Alain suddenly knew with just those two questions exactly what was going through the head of this little girl named Yvonne at that time. He also knew that he was just too old to feel the same way about her.

Alain: My name is Alain, and I am a guest of_

Alain was going to explain that he was not interested in a girl who was almost fifteen years too young for him, maybe even younger, but Raymond had beaten him to it by using the fact that Alain was Mairin's guest as an excuse.

Raymond: He's one of your cousin, Mairin's, personal guests at our beach house on Solaris Island. One of her closest, and I do mean closest, friends.

Alain blushed from an embarrassment at the fact that Mairin's real father had to point out his friendship with Raymond's 'niece'/daughter of all things just to get the child out of being drawn to him.

Yvonne: Oh, I see.

Yvonne was a little saddened by Alain seeming to already have been taken by her own cousin, Mairin.

Yvonne (continued): I suppose I should find a new place to hide from my sister before she comes back in case she finds out that you lied to her about me, Uncle Raymond. I'll see you later. Say 'hi' to Auntie Kimberly for me, Uncle Raymond.