5

I stood in the kitchen of the Sycamore Pokémon Lab making breakfast. Alain had explained to me that after I had collapsed, he and Steven took me to Lumiose City in the Kalos region. I remained unconscious, however, for nearly a week. If Kirlia hadn't used Psychic every time someone came close, they would have taken me to the hospital.

After a couple days, Alain had stopped eating and drinking, and refused to leave me. I told him he had been stupid, and immediately asked Professor Sycamore if I could use his kitchen.  He agreed and I headed off to make something for everyone to eat.

Kirlia helped me bake berry loaf, and to my surprise, I wasn't the only one who had wanted to make something this morning.

A girl with red hair and dressed in green, with a Quilladin, walked in as I was pulling out the berry loaf from the oven. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

"I can't believe it. You're awake." She said. I stared at her. Something about her made me feel uneasy. Though I couldn't figure out what.

"Alain wouldn't stop blaming himself." The girl told me. "He stopped eating and sleeping. The Professor had this brilliant idea to have Bébé, my Floette, use Sleep Powder on him last night to make him sleep. He had started to really worry us. We had to do something. I'm so thankful you're awake. I'm sure things will be better now."

My gaze softened. That was why. She and Alain knew each other. She probably knew a lot more about my Fiancé then I did, and honestly, I was jealous.

"Uh. Yeah. I'm going to take this out to the others. Kirlia, please grab the butter and a spreading knife." I said, taking the loaf and walking past the girl and her partner. I didn't really want her to notice that I didn't like her.

"Wow. That smells amazing." The Pokémon Professor said as I walk into the room. Of course, the girl was right behind me.

"Alain. Look. Kiada made berry loaf. You should eat some." The girl told my Fiancé, who looked at her surprised. It made me even more uncomfortable.

Kirlia and I placed everything down on the table, and the girl's Quilladin placed plates down, which I had embarrassingly forgotten. I felt weird knowing that it had helped me.

Trying to ignore my unease, I sat down with everyone else and ate breakfast. I almost didn't notice when Alain spoke though.

"So, Marin. When did Chespie evolve?" He asked. I stopped eating.

"Haha. Well..." The girl, Marin, said, clearly embarrassed about something. "It was when Chespie saved me from some falling boulders."

I suddenly sensed Alain's anxiety shoot through the roof. "Are you alright?! How could you be so careless?!" He asked in a terrified tone. Marin rubbed the back of her head. "Haha. Yeah. Next time I plan on being a little more aware of my surroundings." Alain sighed. I tried to ignore the conversation.

Eventually we all finished eating, but before I could get up, the girl walked up to me. I looked at her silently. "Can I talk to you?" She asked. Alain looked at her, causing me to stand up. "Sure."

"Marin. What...?" Alain started. "We'll be right back." I told him, as he began to rise from his seat. I then walked out of the room and eventually found myself on the outside steps of the Lab. Marin had followed me and we sat down beside each other. Our gazes in different directions. We remained silent.

I really didn't like that Alain was so worried about Marin. I knew she was younger, and I shouldn't be jealous, but I could somehow feel how much he cared for her. It was just like how I could now sense the emotions of those around me, and Alain's protective desire flared whenever this girl was around. It made me upset. I didn't want her to take him from me.

Suddenly my eyes widened. Had I really just thought that?! I mean, I cared about Alain, and sure I had kissed him, but that hadn't been meant to signify anything. I just... just... Oh man. I was falling in love with Alain.

I bit my lip. Wasn't it too soon? I know we're engaged, but if I was going to be honest, I'd never had any desire to fall in love. Accept my Fiancé, sure. Marry him, fine. But fall in love with someone who would never be able to comfort me. No.

My gaze softened. But Alain wasn't anything like the men of my Clan. He was so different.

I was falling in love with him. No wonder I was jealous.

"Kiada?" Marin suddenly said. I looked at her, having totally forgotten that she was there. Marin stared at the ground though.

"You know, I was really upset when I found out that Alain was engaged and would be leaving me behind for good." She said quietly. "I didn't take it well, and that night, I left the lab with Chespie and told the Professor I was going to continue my journey, but I didn't say goodbye to Alain. I couldn't. I just couldn't, so for about two months Chespie and I explored Kalos and tried to experience different things, to distract ourselves from it all."

"It wasn't until a little under two weeks ago that something happened that caused us to want to come back though."

"We were looking for a Noibat in Terminus Cave, but instead ran into a white haired teen who we watched catch one of the Legendary Zygarde Cores with a Masterball. I immediately ran up to him and grabbed it, then Chespie and I ran for it. The only thing we could think about was saving the Zygarde Core, and that caused us to run into an Onix. The Onix attacked us with Rock Throw, and Chespie evolved into Quilladin in order to protect me. But the Masterball I was holding fell out of my hands and the teen picked it back up."

"He then calmed the Onix by just talking to it, and gave me a small smile, before telling me my heart was in the right place, but Zygarde was in good hands. Then he said some really strange word and vanished."

Chespie and I came back to tell the Professor about what happened, but we weren't expecting to see you and Alain. Plus the situation here made it too hard to focus on what had happened at Terminus Cave, so you're actually the first person we've told."

Marin suddenly smiled. "But you know what? The reason I left was because I didn't want to face Alain anymore. Now though, seeing how much he actually cares about you, makes me happy for the two of you."

Her smile turned sad. "You don't have to worry. I'll finish telling the Professor about what happened, then I'll leave you and Alain alone. I know I'm making you feel uncomfortable."

I was speechless. She felt happy for us. Despite being upset that I was taking Alain away from her, she supported our relationship.

I felt my jealousy disappear, and gave her a small smile. "Marin? Would you have a battle with me?"