Chapter Fifteen

It has been two months since prom has passed. Kim and I's relationship has never been better. We've been constantly going out on cute dates. We had taken photos in the photobooth at some point, and I have them in my phone case and my wallet. It's been the best two months I could ever ask for. She met my dad and my mom. We went to dinner again and everyone had a blast. They were really understanding about her mute thing, as well as her journal.

After I showed up late to Baptiza's class, she gave me a stern look. Everyone in the class was staring at me, even Kim. I had interrupted someone's presentation about an impactful event or person in their lives.

"Well Noah, I'm glad you could finally join us. Kaley, you did great, but I want Noah to present now since he decided to interrupt you." Mrs. Baptiza said.

I didn't have anything to work with. I didn't have a slideshow or even something written in my notebook.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Baptiza. I don't have anything at the moment and am hopefully going to have something by tomorrow. I'm deeply sorry." I said.

She wasn't happy with my response. She pointed her finger to my seat next to Kim and I started to walk over. The room was dead silent, and it was like everyone had their eyes on me.

I sat down, absolutely red in the face. It was really hot in the room after I sat down, probably from the embarrassment. Kim handed me a paper heart and "open it" was written on it. These hearts she always drew were adorable. One time, it had stick figure drawings of us holding hands, or arms because of us being stick figures.

I opened the heart, and it was our smiles drawn on it. I loved it. I don't know how she manages to draw amazing creations on these small paper hearts.

She grabbed her notebook and started writing.

Hey, on our date tonight, there's something I need to talk to you about. It's something that I've been keeping quiet from you for a little bit. I just don't want you to freak out when we go on our date. It's more just a heads up.

I handed her notebook back. I never want her to worry about telling me these things.

"Don't worry, I won't freak out. Pinky promise, sweetheart."

She smiled at me and grabbed my hand. I've never been happier before. This girl was my whole world, as corny as that sounds.