Chapter Nine

It was Saturday morning and I felt awful. I made plans with Garrett over the phone yesterday after dropping Kim off to see if he could help me a little bit. I didn't message Kim because I knew she didn't want to talk to me now after what happened yesterday. Although, I could always talk to my dad for a little bit of extra help since he's going to be home today.

I got up out of bed and started to head downstairs to talk to my dad. It smelled pretty good considering how bad my dad is at cooking.

I wanted help from him about what happened yesterday with Kim and see if I could win her back. He's been in a ton of relationships in his days of high school so I'm sure he's had some experience.

"Hey kiddo!", my dad said cheerfully, "I made some French toast and eggs if you want any."

"Thanks, but I'm okay." I responded with a monotone voice, "I actually need help with something, it's about this girl at school."

He gave me a look of surprise. I've actually never gone to him for any girl problems and just figured them out on my own, which never worked, but I would hope he can help.

"Well, I mean alright then." he said while pulling out some chairs. "What's special about this one that you came to me for?"

I took a deep breath. I was nervous to talk to him about this stuff. I'm sure he was too

"Well, it's this girl named Kim. She's really sweet and funny to hang out with. She's really beautiful and I did something stupid with my friends", I swallowed my tears and took another breath, "Erza made a bet with me to hang with her and while I was doing that, I started enjoying her company and yesterday he showed up at the mall and basically just told her about the bet but I don't know if I can get her back after that and I want to get her back because I really, really, really like this girl so much. I left my friend group for her because she's that amazing." I said with tears finally streaming down my eyes.

My dad didn't know what to say. He felt bad for me because I've never cried in front of him before, but he wasn't even disappointed with me. He put his hand on my shoulder and brought me in for a hug and it made me cry even more.

"It's going to be okay, Noah." he said while hugging me, "You haven't lost her, and I don't want you to keep thinking that. You've got prom later tonight, right? Get her back then. Show Erza what a piece of shit he really is for trying to ruin what you two have. I say 'have' because I know she still likes you and doesn't think you're a total asshole. I did the same thing with your mother back in high school and she's still around me."

I backed out of the hug and really took my dad's words in for a bit. He grabbed French toast and eggs and put it on a plate for me. Maybe he was right, I still have tonight to get her back.