Chapter Eleven

After my dad dropped me off at Garretts, I got the sight of Garrett waiting for me in his garage which was weird to me.

"What the hell is this, Garrett? Some type of therapy session?" I asked.

He chuckled and shook his head no. He pulled out another chair for me and I sat down.

"If it were a therapy session, there would be a bench instead of flimsy plastic chairs and an actual office, idiot. I'm just here to help you out with Kim, like you said over the phone." he said with a chuckle.

I still could not believe him. I needed help but not garage talk help.

"Before we go to prom tonight, I need to ask what you and Kim did at the mall." he said, commanding me.

I looked at him and took a deep breath. "Well, we went to all the stores she wanted to go to-"

"No, I'm talking about the super important stuff, Noah." Garrett interrupted with.

I had finally realized what he meant. I was shocked he didn't hear more about it.

"Oh, well we kissed on the second floor. It was a nice kiss. We started to leave the mall afterwards and Erza ruined everything by telling her about the bet. I haven't messaged her back and I'm scared to because I'm afraid she hates me, which I don't blame her. I think anyone would feel the same way about me if I had a bet to be around them. I just want to be around her again, Garrett." I said, with my throat almost choking from the tears I had to swallow.

Garrett was at a loss of words, and I was too. I wasn't expecting to say how I wanted to be around her, but I guess that's how I truly feel. I never liked talking about my feelings to others. It was never really a strong point for me. I hated feelings in general but for Kim, it was different. I wanted to talk to her about how I felt, like I wouldn't be judged by her. I wanted to talk to anyone about her. She was just that amazing.

"I wasn't expecting you to actually talk about your feelings.", he said with a stone-cold expression, "You actually care for this girl, and I think that's the best thing I've heard from you this year. You even left our friend group for her and have not stopped talking to her in Baptiza's, at least that's what Wyatt tells me. Hell, you had the balls to tell Erza to 'Go fuck himself' and if that isn't enough for you to realize you have a crush on this girl, I don't know what the hell you're smoking. We have to get her back for you."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't fall for her. I mean, she makes me nervous, and I get excited whenever we hang out, but I didn't fall for her.

I caved in with the idea." Okay fine then. I have a crush on her." I said, defeated.

Garrett smiled and got up from his chair. He started walking to his garage door. I quickly followed.

"Okay, so we have to assume that she's probably not the biggest fan of you at this point." he said.

I quietly agreed. Whatever Garrett was thinking of it had to be good. I didn't want Nyx on my ass for this.

While we were walking up the stairs to Garrett's room, I got a notification from Kim. My heart dropped and I could feel it in my stomach. I didn't know what she could do or say, especially whatever her brother heard from her.

I opened the message and it read: hey, I wanted to say sorry for how I acted yesterday, but that doesn't excuse what you did to me. You faked being my friend and hanging out with me for some money. I don't want you to have the idea of talking to me at prom.

I felt my heart crush at the sight of the messages. I completely deserved what she said yesterday and right now. I was agonized at the sight of the message. She didn't want to go with me or see me, at all. Garrett took notice of my face while we walked in his room and asked, "What are you sulking at your phone about?"

I handed him my phone and he started reading the message Kim sent. He didn't even express an emotion.

"Oh. Well, that's okay. We can still think of something." he said.

"What is there to think about?" I asked him. "She doesn't even want to be around me anymore. What do I do at this point, Garrett?"

Garrett gave me a look and went quiet. In fact, we both went quiet.

I sat down next to him and started thinking with him. It was awkward with the silence. All I could hear was his A/C unit outside the house and his neighbor mowing the lawn.

After about 5 minutes of utter silence, he perked up but didn't seem excited about his plan.

"I mean, you've got to be honest with her, Noah. I think the plan is to just be honest. It's what she needs. I want you to get to a private area with her and just tell her everything." he said

I actually liked the idea. It was a simple plan that I should've followed from the start, and it also wasn't hard to follow. I needed her. She makes me smile all day and every day. If Erza ruins this plan, I will ruin him this time, simple as that.