Chapter Seven

I have never been more excited to hang out with a new friend for once. I didn't really think I was going to get this far with someone like Kim, hanging out with her and all. I was nervous about the look Wyatt gave this morning. I'm afraid my group will show up and ruin everything. I quickly forgot about that; I was obviously overthinking it. I messaged Kim, Hey, Kim. I'm in my car rn. Message me whenever ur in the South parking lot. I'll be in the white Challenger near the gate.

It didn't take long for her to respond. She typed her message quite fast, saying, kk. just told my brother. omw :)

I'm hoping her brother won't have a problem with me hanging out with her afterwards, y'know breaking me in half like Kim said he would. If I were close to Nyx, it would be nice to have him around if Erza tried anything on me or Kim.

Kim showed up, knocking on the window. She looked good in her hoodie and her ripped black jeans. I noticed through one of the rips that there was some dark line on her thigh. It could've been some type of birthmark, so I didn't think much of it. I unlocked the door and let her in. It was quite nerve racking being around her, a good kind of nerve racking.

Once she was comfortable, I asked with a smile, "So, are you ready to go shopping or eat ice cream or whatever it is you do in your free time?"

She smiled and nodded her head. I put the car in reverse and noticed Nyx in his car watching me. I brushed it off and started driving towards the exit gate. Once we were on the road, I noticed Wyatt's car driving the same way.

I thought to myself, could they really know I'm going to the mall? This has got to be a coincidence.

I needed something to distract that thought. Maybe Kim listens to some good music. I went to turn the radio to bluetooth mode so she could play her music. She seemed nervous.

"Hey, you can play your music. You seem a little nervous and I think that'll calm you down a little bit. I don't really care what you listen to either, as long as you're happy." I told her.

She smiled, seeming to really appreciate that gesture. She grabbed her phone and turned on some type of pop music. I don't really know what she put on, but it seemed to make her very happy, and it was pretty catchy. She was really getting into the music, bobbing her head around, up and down. I found it quite funny, so I laughed. She was quite embarrassed and started laughing too. I don't know why but I had deja vu, like I had experienced this very moment before. She quickly shut her mouth and was quiet. I was confused as to why she shut her mouth.

"Hey, are you okay? Did I do something?" I asked her.

She quickly shook her head no and started writing.

No, you didn't do anything. I just haven't laughed in front of someone besides my brother and it weirded me out. I'm sorry if my laugh sounded weird for you, hearing it for the first time and all.

I didn't want her to think her laugh sounded weird in front of me. Honestly, it was a cute laugh she had.

I didn't want her to overthink. I'd hate for that to happen.

"No, I don't think your laugh was weird. Personally, I find your laugh much better than mine, Kim." I said with a smile.

She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and put my eyes on the road.