Chapter 3

Date: 23/08/2020

Y/n POV

As me and Mino worked through the morning YG suddenly interrupted us with some bad news.

YG: I hate to inform you but Ju-ne isn't able to join you however Jennie is still arriving to join you at lunch.

Mino: Well that's a bummer but we still have Jennie we can win this.

As we continued throughout the day we also found out that the company heads had decided to make it possible for a trio or quad performance instead of duo to help balance the group performances numbers wise. As we took our break for lunch we looked over out progress and decided that we were around %50 done. As we reached the hall the other 4 were already sat at the table with foods and as we joined them they couldn't help but try to get us to leak any info about our performance.

RM: So Y/n who's featuring on your solo then?

Mino: Wait how do you know he's doing our solo?

Jinwoo: WAS I NOT SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM?!

Mino: Well there's no use hiding it now. Wait Y/n don't tell them your feature all I will say is that  1 of them had to drop out and that was Ikons Ju-ne however he still has the other 1 ready to perform.

???: Oooh I wonder who's performing with him. I think you should spill Mino. 

We collectively looked up to see a women in a hoodie and face mask as she then slowly walked her way round to me before giving me a sudden back hug.

???: Me and Y/n here will destroy all the other solo performances I don't think you should even try to compete.

Seulgi: Jennie let go of Y/n he looks uncomfortable.

Jennie: But he's so soft like a teddy bear. Oh yeah have you guys seen the comments on the first episode?

Jihyo: It's already out?

Jennie: Yep it was broadcasted last night I think they plan to use the footage from today and the week for an episode as well as the performances on Sunday I think they wanted to push the first episode out to pull in the viewer base. Anyway this one here is being called a little prince because of his regal aura and Jinwoo looking like a bodyguard when they are together.

Jinwoo: How am I a bodyguard and how is he a prince i'm so much more handsome

RM: Are you really? 

???: Hey Jinwoo are you finished we should go practise our performance 

Jinwoo: Yeah i'm done Hyunjin. Ill see you guys later. 

As Jinwoo and Hyunjin left the table I felt Jennie finally let go of me and sit where Jinwoo once was.

Jennie: So cutie what's the plan for the song.

Mino: YA we will discuss later we can't let them know our tricks.

Seulgi: Y/n are you ok you haven't said anything?

Y/n: yeah i'm fine just thinking about the performance that's all.

As we finished our meal and went back to writing the days slowly passed as we worked to finished and perfect the song in time for the performance.

 Date: 30/08/2020

As I awoke on Sunday I realised that it was the day we would all perform for the first mission and because of this I was feeling more stressed and worried than usual if I messed up here it would be hard to recover and not be eliminated.

Jinwoo: Hey Y/n I can see you shaking don't worry about today when you get on stage just focus on the music like you did on the intro stage.

As we left to the team halls where we would meet before seeing the main stage for the first time in the competition. After we all saw the stage and the amount of seats in the crowd I could tell that it wasn't just me scared by the sight.