Those three words

[A couple standing outside the boy's car not wanting to say goodbye]

Slam! The car door is pushed shut with the girl leaning against it.
"Hey, what'd you do that for?" Davis asks, grabbing Victoria's waist and pulling her towards him.
"I just don't want you to leave yet," Tori says with a little smirk looking up at him.
"I have to leave unless you want your parents to hate me even more than they do now," Davis laughs, spinning Tori off the car and opening the door again.
"W-wait, I wanted to tell you something," Tori stutters, a bit scared of how Davis will react.
"Uh oh, is this a good something or a bad something?" He asks with a nervous laugh, still holding the car door.
Tori rushes forward, wrapping her arms around Davis, her head resting on his chest, taking a couple deep breaths.
"Baby, are you okay?" Davis asks, hugging Tori back.
"Yea, um, sorry, I'm just really nervous," Tori mumbles, lifting her chin to look at Davis. The street lamps' lights only let her see bits and pieces of his worried face. Tori then backs off from Davis a little, still holding on to Davis but far enough back to look him in the eye.
"So there's something I need to get off my chest, and I've been thinking about it for the past couple of weeks. Ever since that day at the lake where you first met my friends, I've been starting to feel a little different about us," Davis starts to pull away from Toris's hold, looking past her to the street.
"No, no, no, hold on, We had such a great time that day, so I tried not to read too much into it. But since then, I've been feeling it more and more. Like every time, we would sit down on your bed, splitting up a huge sushi order. You'd roll your eyes at me for saying 'nom nom' or when we'd pick up frozen yogurt late at night and go somewhere to look at the stars. I mean, it's not just those moments specifically. Still, those are the two that first popped into my head," Tori starts laughing nervously, removing one of her arms from around Davis to run through her hair.
"Anyway, ever since then, I figured out why I felt so different about us and was trying to drop hints and waiting to see if you felt the same way. But I guess I didn't hint well enough, or I could be wrong in assuming you do feel the same way," at this point, Tori was talking so fast she could hardly get a breath in between words. Realizing this, Davis runs his hand up and down her arm, hoping to calm her down.
"Anyways, what I have been trying so hard to say, if you haven't guessed it already, gosh darn it, is that I, um, I love you," Tori says the last three words quietly, thanking the night for masking her cheeks that turned red due to her anxiousness about Davis's response. For what felt like an eternity, Tori stood there, unable to look at Davis' heart swimming circles in her stomach.
"What was that last part? I couldn't quite hear you," Davis asks with a smile slowly making its way onto his face, taking his hand and pushing Tori's violet strands of hair behind her ear. Tori looks up, sees his smile, and knows he heard her.
"You're such an asshole. You heard what I said!" Tori exclaims, pushing Davis back against the car.
"You're such a dork, Tori, and that's why I love you too," Davis says, grabbing and pulling Tori close to him again.
"Then why'd you make me say it first, Jerk?" Tori says, lifting her head so Davis could see her pink cheeks flushed with embarrassment.
"Where's the fun in that?" Davis says smugly, leaning in to kiss his dorky girlfriend. A smile was permanently planted on his face for the rest of the night.