Chapter 0: The Introduction

Do you believe that assassins exist in such a technologically advanced world? Neither did I; until now.

In the year 20XX, an assassin appeared, killing a group of influential people that were connected to the government, leaving a skull made from an unknown type of material. 

The assassin was never identified, and even till this day they are unknown, but scientists now know the skull he left behind was made of obsidian, thus the name of the hundreds of nameless assassins that soon killed off over 100 government officials. The only weakness we know of them is that they are expendable. To the point where they would kill people in broad daylight, whether it was in a public or private space.

 That was also what made them dangerous. And their goal was clear. Very clear. Still don't know? Their goal? Take over the government. 

This was mostly ignored for the best part of 6 months, until the sky tower scandal. It was unclear what it was, but it was so dangerous, so scandalous that an influential company had decided to take action.

The Veritas Agency decided to start an initiative called the "Paradox" program. That was 100 years ago. Now there are 2 teams each year that get "debuted" and whilst one becomes the face of that generation, the other is backup, and not much is known about the backups. Sounds interesting enough?