( VII )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

"WHY SHOULD I BE SORRY for doing my job?" A scoff that came out as more of a hiss left your lips.

By morning you scrapped your plan to apologize. It was a lot easier to take the new mindset on when you didn't have to look at his furrowed black brows, or his heavy sigh as he took his ponytail out, his biceps flexing as he did so. Each muscle, seemingly hand-carved over the years of his hard work, made themselves known.
The mental image from the windowsill stayed with you for a while, vividly so. It really wasn't fair how attractive he was, especially when he wasn't trying.

"I mean, honestly, I must be getting soft or something."

While you had originally planned an apology to Aizawa for upsetting him, after a good night's sleep you converted to be rather unapologetic. Why should you apologize when he overreacted? Why should you apologize when he got in the way of you doing your job? It wasn't like you weren't a licensed pro hero. You were fully capable!

"What do you think? Should I apologize?" you whispered. No answer.

You remembered Aizawa's words telling you that he would stop you the next time you put yourself in danger.

To hell with that.

If you wanted to be a famous hero, putting yourself in danger was precisely what you had to do. No way you'd let Aizawa get in your way, even if he did claim good intentions. What business did he have inhibiting your work on night patrol anyway? He was maybe a few steps stray from being a stranger.

In your eyes, he was just a coworker getting too nosey and protective for his own good. Typical pro hero behavior: Always trying to protect something, always trying to save the day when they're not always needed. You thought higher of Aizawa than that shit only to be proven wrong.

"Isn't that ridiculous?" You explained everything to your little cat grass gifted to you by All Might. You spoke as though the plant was a person, then sighed. Plants couldn't give answers.

You could've ranted to one of your friends, like Rumi who you were due to call anyway, but you didn't want to bother them and admit to the situation you were troubled with.

Aizawa. Eraserhead.

"Why the hell did he care so much?" you wondered. Simultaneously, a small part of you asked why you cared so much about him being upset. It was still on your mind, that meant something, didn't it?