( III )

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
══════ ∘◦ ᓚᘏᗢ ◦∘ ══════

SHOUTA LOOKED DOWN at the grey cat in his arms. He watched as it squirmed and meowed begging to be let down. His heart weighed heavier in his chest, an uncommon sensation for the man. He hated to make it upset, but he couldn't fail his moral responsibility by abandoning the poor thing outside all alone in the cold of night.

If it was one thing about him, Shouta didn't fail to help people or animals. Anything innocent and in need of saving, he would put in an effort to help and he would succeed. He was pro hero Eraserhead, after all, it was his job.

"It's alright. I've got you now," his baritone voice quiet as he hummed, rocking the cat in his arms. He found it easier to say such uncharacteristically soft things to a cute little cat. Midnight and Mic would tease him ruthlessly if they saw him doing it.

As he held you, he remembered there was a time when he would've hesitated. Maybe left the cat to fend for itself in the cold, even if it killed him with guilt. He wasn't that person anymore, he had grown since then both mentally and physically.

A stone promise made to himself not to fail at the simple things, like this opportunity to give a little cat a warm shelter. Even if it was only temporarily that he could help, it was his duty nonetheless.

Your cat form reminded him that he was capable of helping those who needed it. It was important it stayed that way, uninterrupted; the reason why he chose his unusual logical lifestyle. He was grateful for the reminder as he stroked the soft fur on your little head with his fingers. Gently behind your ears as it stopped your loud protesting meows, which he praised you for.

"That's it. Such a vocal girl," his tone softened as though pleading with you when he said, "but you've gotta stay quiet now, understand?"

Of course, he had no idea it was you he had scooped up in his strong arms. Not a single suspicion in his cat-loving eyes.

While Aizawa was having some kind of sweet moment of self-reflection, you were shocked frozen at how poorly your plan to sneak out for the night went. "In all of my life, I have never been kidnapped (catnapped?) before. The hell am I going to do? It's not like I can reveal my quirk to him... I barely even know him!" you purred to try and calm yourself.

With you covered under his jacket, he walked back into the building. Firstly, to keep you warm, but also because bringing in strays wasn't exactly allowed. He was willing to get away with it for a night, the rules would have to bend and oblige.