Chapter 59: Why I did it

Start from the beginning

He opens his laptop, then quickly starts typing something on the keyboard. "Aw, there, there, the video. If you want, love, you can watch with your very own eyes and see his true colors, even though we all knew he's a satanic man."

As if you're any better.

"I'm good," I state coldly, watching as he smirks, typing away.

"Suit yourself," he says, typing away on his laptop as if he had a mission. "And. Send," he looks up at me, then shuts his laptop.

My eyes slide shut, knowing the dangers and risks that that one video may cause.

I wish I could've done something, but there was nothing.

Opening back my eyes, I look over at Angelo with cold eyes and an emotionless face. "Now what?"

He chuckles. "Now what? A very good question, love. A very good fucking question," he lets out a bitter laugh. "Now, we wait. Have a drink with me," at the same time, a maid walks over to us with a wine bottle and begins pouring some into a wine glass, removing Angelo's tea cup.

"I don't drink," I say when the lady is about to come my way but don't worry when I tell her.

"Oh..." he gives me a look with his brows raised. "The least you could do is drink as much as you can before your inevitable demise, but good for you." He gulps down his wine, then laughs, looking at me, my face blank, even after hearing about my soon death. "I am going to instruct my men to have high civilians around Alessandro and his family, watch their every move until they are vulnerable, and boom!" He loudly knocks his fists against the table, then laughs. "Until his downfall... oh." He checks his watch. "Be back in a couple of hours," his eyes meet mine, narrowing and cold. "Do not do anything stupid."

"Wasn't planning on it," I state bluntly, with a cold irritated look.

"Good girl. 'Cause you'd end up dead quicker than planned." He pulls himself from his chair, takes his jacket from behind the back, and places it on, flexing his muscles.

He buttons it and gives me one more look with a mysterious smile, making me roll my eyes, watching as he walks away.

When I know he leaves fully, I stand from the chair then suddenly, I am bombarded by guards.

Damn it.

Sighing and rolling my eyes, I walk out of the dining area with them trailing behind me.

As if my day couldn't get any worse.

I've always been in this situation; maybe I should call myself 'the prisoner' from now on because I've been locked up all my life.

I stop inside the living room and plump myself lazily on the black couch, groaning as I realize I forget to grab the remote from the coffee table before me, a large television sitting on the wall opposite it.

My eyes travel towards one of the guards standing at the side; he looks a bit friendlier than the rest. A bit intimidating and scary, but I have seen worse. I have lived with Alessandro, and I met Angelo.

Two crazies, but Alessandro is crazier.

"You," I say, and they all look at me. "You with the ginger hair." He stares at me, and I guess he is waiting for me to continue.

"Pass me the remote," I demand, and he only stares at me before his eyes look at the remote that sits a meter away from me, then back at me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Come on, do your job, reds. It's not my fault you all want to follow behind my ass all day. Do your job and pass me the damn remote because we all know the tv won't turn itself on." I hiss at him, and he shoots me a death glare before he walks towards the coffee table, grabs hold of the remote, and hands it to me. "I'd rather watch TV to sleep than worry myself to sleep," I whisper, knowing how much I am still hurting.