Chapter 22: Club

Confidently, I make my way down the stairway, my heels silenced by the carpet, my dress embracing my body tightly, and my hair swaying down my lower back.

I take a deep breath, and for the first time, I don't fear what I am walking into.

I don't fear if my life is on the line or how I would be treated by Alessandro.

What happened between us over the past few weeks gave me a little bit of hope and bravery.

If someone told me that I would be the person I am now the first time I came here, I would have told them that they were lying because I never predicted this. I never predicted this at all.

Finally, I descend the stairs, and at the same time, Alessandro steps from the west wing where his bedroom is, suited in all black.

He sports his button-up shirt that hugs his perfectly structured and defined large muscles. His buttons were undone and displayed the forbidden sight of his chest and tattoos, looking all high, mighty, and sexy. His hair was wet, unruly pieces hanging over his forehead, making him look vastly handsome, fucking alluring.

He wears a gold chain with a cross pendant that he pairs with a gold wristwatch that he is too busy fixing to acknowledge my presence.

A couple of seconds later, he does, and his entire torso freezes, his eyes scanning every inch of me but my face with shock, lechery, and amusement before he covers it with a displeased look.

"Adriana. What the fuck are you wearing?" He asks in a deep and dangerous whisper, unable to remove his eyes as they keep scanning my body.

Every bit of it.

I lightly shrug my shoulders, walking closer to him, knowing that my dress will drive him mad, but who cares?

It is just a dress. At least I am not naked, which he already saw.

When Alessandro saw me earlier, I was not in a gleeful mood, I was having an episode, but now I am fine, at least for the time being. I feel much better than I was before, but I am still a broken girl that is still going through pain and heartbreaks.

I've never had breaks unless I gave myself. That is what I am doing. I am trying to give myself breaks from my pain and torment.

"A dress. Alessandro," I tell him in a low alluring voice, my body only a few inches away from his, hoping I can tease him like he did when training me, even though he is a hard person to crack.

My eyes stare up at him, his face suddenly turning into anger, his eyes darkening.

Alessandro's POV

Placing my watch on my wrist, I make my way from the west wing, where my master bedroom is, and out to the living room to meet Adriana, a bit impatient to see what she wears, hoping it is not something that will catch the men's eyes.

Perhaps I should have told my sister to get Adriana something that is respectful and appropriate for a woman and should not have told her I was going to a club, but I doubt my sister even has lecherous outfits, to begin with. She is a child, a good child.

When I come through the walls that part from the west wing from the living room, finally fixing the watch around my wrist, my head lifts, my body abruptly freezing, shock, lewd, and amusement taking over my face.

Fuck.

My cock instantly hardens.

My eyes stay on her fucking body unable to move them as my eyes take her in, her curves, skin and fuck it makes me so damn mad thinking about all the other men seeing her like this.